+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
The issue is that your spouse wouldn’t actually be applying for PR. You apply for PR after being approved as a protected person while including your dependents on your application. They only start the process of getting PR after you’ve been approved. They can try to switch to a visitor status after leaving their job but that isn’t guaranteed and consulates or embassies are pretty strict in making their employees return home when they leave their jobs because there is an understanding between countries that their employees will follow the immigration rules of the host country. How long is the posting? I would personally work as long as possible to be able to support yourselves in Canada and remain in status. If you are a visitor or without status you won’t have access to healthcare (assume you are in Ottawa).
Am I wrong I knew that when person passed the hearing they can also apply pr for their dependents? So, Can not I apply for him too when I apply at the same time?
His contract until November 2023.
We are in Toronto.
Thank you for all information.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you. No problem . İ am from Turkey but he is from different country and he is working for their consulate. No, my lawyer didn't say anything negative about it. He is not from Turkey and he is not working for Turkish government.
provided your lawyer said there is no issue, should be fine and ready to overcome any issues. it is complex process under economic programs but i am not aware of family class/dependant [similar situation you are]. below is interesting article but does not relate to dependant of PP who is foreign government representative

https://tcmigration.com/diplomats-applying-for-permanent-residency-in-canada/

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Am I wrong I knew that when person passed the hearing they can also apply pr for their dependents? So, Can not I apply for him too when I apply at the same time?
His contract until November 2023.
We are in Toronto.
Thank you for all information.
If you mentioned your spouse in your previous application forms, you might as well be forthcoming with any information not to delay your application. It is good that you are working with a lawyer

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
If you mentioned your spouse in your previous application forms, you might as well be forthcoming with any information not to delay your application. It is good that you are working with a lawyer
I mentioned him on my case as a common law partner and we are married now. So we can apply together?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I had study visa. I came by myself.
Ok. Anyone in Canada due to foreign service faces a lot more hurdles and different hurdles. It isn’t a very common situation. If your husband’s employer finds out that you claimed asylum they may not be very happy and try to send him home. Given processing times your husband will not have PR before November 2023.

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

MumJ

Jul 28, 2022
Please I need urgent response, I applied for PR and added my spouse who is a refugee claimant as dependant in to the application, IRCC responded and is asking for his passport that was seized at the bother, they have given 60 days to produce it, please how do we go about this? Any helpful information will be greatly appreciated.