+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help

Jasmine2018

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Hi .. i am going to study in Alberta this Fall, and i am divorced with one kid. my ex and kid are Canadians, and i want to bring my child with me. but my ex WILL NEVER GIVE ME THE PASSPORT FOR MY KID.
my question is ... if i went to Alberta to study without my child, will i be able to go to the court in Canada and ask to bring my child with me and that my ex 100% refuses to give me any documents related to my child???
i am really really dispersed. i am afraid i can't be far from child, and i might loss this chance of studying in Canada. the court system in our home country really doesn't help at ALL.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
If you do not have your child's documents with you how r you planning to take him to Canada?
Care to answer a few question then DM me?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
So child is in another country? A Canadian court wouldn't have any authority to begin with and even if they did its highly unlikely that they would separate a child from his mother to go live with his father in a different place.

Jasmine2018

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
If you do not have your child's documents with you how r you planning to take him to Canada?
Care to answer a few question then DM me?
that's why i am planing to go to Canada alone. and then go to the court to bring my kid to Canada? i am just guessing. i do not know what to do

Jasmine2018

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
So child is in another country? A Canadian court wouldn't have any authority to begin with and even if they did its highly unlikely that they would separate a child from his mother to go live with his father in a different place.
i am the mother. my kid documents are with my ex husband. i want to start school this fall and take my child to canada. i hope this is clear

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Ok I see, I believe you have to deal with this in your country's legal system not once you are in Canada, they cant force your husband to give you the child from here, your local laws must be used.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
that's why i am planing to go to Canada alone. and then go to the court to bring my kid to Canada? i am just guessing. i do not know what to do
Is the father in Canada?

Yes, you can go to court in Canada and attempt to get sole custody of the child, which would allow you to apply for his passport.

Jasmine2018

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Ok I see, I believe you have to deal with this in your country's legal system not once you are in Canada, they cant force your husband to give you the child from here, your local laws must be used.
The thing is that the court thinks that my reason (study in Canada) is not important and therefor no need to give me my kid passport or the permission to take my child with me.

Jasmine2018

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Is the father in Canada?

Yes, you can go to court in Canada and attempt to get sole custody of the child, which would allow you to apply for his passport.
me, my child, and the father all live in same country. both my child's father and my child Canadians. i am applying for a study permit and i want my child to come with me. that's why i am asking if i can travel to Canada alone and seek the court to bring my child? i hope this is clear

mr.abula

Feb 25, 2019
Okay that makes it a bit complicated especially if he is residing in the same country which he holds its nationality. I advice you to contact the Canadian embassy in your country or a law firm in Canada and get a professional view.