+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help

Feb 21, 2019
Seven years ago in 2011 I was a PhD student in Canada. I had no conditions/remarks on my student permit and got a SIN starting with 9.. I took one year LOA due to some family situations and travelled to my home country. I returned to Canada after four months and worked in Canada part time 20hours for three months and paid my taxes. Employer only asked for my SIN and study permit when they employed me. Three months into the job employer asked for a work permit, I told that I don't have it. Employer said that I cannot work, then I have immediately stopped working and returned to my home country and never came back to Canada as it was never my intention to do anything wrong. The only reason I took the job was thinking thatthat stud are automatically allowed to work off campus during their study breaks.
Current situation 2019:my spouse has got approval for open work permit and we will be moving to Canada late 2019 and we will be applying for PR eventually. Will the above mentioned situation effect my application. I never got any letters/warnings, deportation letters or inadmissible letters from Canada. Nothing was reported but I know it's illegal work. Should I mention this in the PR application. Has anyone been in this situation Please help.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Seven years ago in 2011 I was a PhD student in Canada. I had no conditions/remarks on my student permit and got a SIN starting with 9.. I took one year LOA due to some family situations and travelled to my home country. I returned to Canada after four months and worked in Canada part time 20hours for three months and paid my taxes. Employer only asked for my SIN and study permit when they employed me. Three months into the job employer asked for a work permit, I told that I don't have it. Employer said that I cannot work, then I have immediately stopped working and returned to my home country and never came back to Canada as it was never my intention to do anything wrong. The only reason I took the job was thinking thatthat stud are automatically allowed to work off campus during their study breaks.
Current situation 2019:my spouse has got approval for open work permit and we will be moving to Canada late 2019 and we will be applying for PR eventually. Will the above mentioned situation effect my application. I never got any letters/warnings, deportation letters or inadmissible letters from Canada. Nothing was reported but I know it's illegal work. Should I mention this in the PR application. Has anyone been in this situation Please help.
Be truthful and you will be fine, else be ready for consequences. Good luck.