+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help

perdesi

May 30, 2007
HI PMM,

I got immigration in July 2005 and after one month left Canada; since then I outside working with an international agency. I have recenlty got another very attractive offer with another international orgnaization having 3 years contract. I am very confused as on one hand I dont want to lose my PR status and on the other hand I know will be jobless upon comming back to Canada. As I have almost two years out of Canada and only one year remians as 2 years physical presnece in every 5 years.

Can you please advise me is there any other any option available with CIC or I have to refuse to join my new assignment.

Thank you very much in advance.

Waiting for your response

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

perdesi said:
HI PMM,

I got immigration in July 2005 and after one month left Canada; since then I outside working with an international agency. I have recenlty got another very attractive offer with another international orgnaization having 3 years contract. I am very confused as on one hand I dont want to lose my PR status and on the other hand I know will be jobless upon comming back to Canada. As I have almost two years out of Canada and only one year remians as 2 years physical presnece in every 5 years.

Can you please advise me is there any other any option available with CIC or I have to refuse to join my new assignment.

Thank you very much in advance.

Waiting for your response
You have to decide what is more important to you, permanent resident status or working aboard. If you don't maintain your pr status, 2/5 then it is gone. That is why it is named PERMANENT resident.

PMM