+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help

mary1980

Feb 23, 2012
Hello everyone
I have a question please, if I didn't complete the residency obligations and my PR expired ,can I apply for the immigration again or not
Thanks

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
You need to surrender your PR before apply.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Also you can try to enter via USA by private vehicle and if not reported then stay in Canada for 2 years and apply for PR card renewal.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
mary1980 said:
Hello everyone
I have a question please, if I didn't complete the residency obligations and my PR expired ,can I apply for the immigration again or not
Thanks
Your PR doesn't expire. Your PR card expires, which has nothing to do with anything (a non-PR can hold a PR card, a person is still a PR after a PR card has expired). Put that out of your mind.

If you did not meet the Residency Obligation, then any dealing you have with the Canadian border risks detecting that, and setting in course a chain of events which will result in you being stripped of your PR status.

If you successfully cross the border (would have to be in a private car) without the breach being detected (very unlikely), and you then remained in Canada for 2 years, you could apply for a new PR card, and resume your life as a PR.

If you are stripped of your PR, or if you surrender your PR, you can apply again, like anyone else can, for any stream you qualify for.

If you have identified a route in (eg you have the points for Express Entry, you have a citizen partner), then you may find the easiest way is to surrender your PR now, re-apply, and start from scratch.