+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help

unlucky

Jun 5, 2010
i am currently sponsoring my husband to canada our process has been taken forever and i mean years. we were finally heard and won in our apeal hearing in Jan/2010. our file has been sent back to CHC in Islamabad for processing since then my hubby had recieved a package from CHC with update forms and DMP request and police clearance request and all have been sent back and recieved by CHC in Islamabad in May 2010. now my question is how much longer of a wait till they ask for his passport. Are they going to do anything more with our caes before they ask for his passport. what is going to happen next and how long till they ask for his passport i guess is my question. Also will they do a background check but i am thinking this has been done already and why the update forms.
thank you
unlucky

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
after winning at an ADR you have to redo all the applicant forms, to verify that there have been no changes, it is difficult to say how long the process will now take but you are close, the worest is over hang in there!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
They often do the security checks last. You probably were refused before they did them, or before they finished doing them, so they will have to do them now. Sometimes they just take a month; sometimes they take a long time.
Because of the length of time since you submitted your original forms, things such as addresses, jobs, living circumstances, education, etc. might have changed, so you have to update the info.

unlucky

Jun 5, 2010
So does anyone have any idea how much longer of a wait it our case will be finalized now that were in this part of the process. i was just wondering if were talking weeks, months or over 8 months. i am getting frusterated and so is my husband cause it's been a long process for both of us.

any ideas

or any ideas what to expect next or what could happen also could they refuse us again even though we were aproved in the hearing.
just don't know what will happen and i'm so confused right now and i'm just looking for information

thank you in advance
unlucky

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Months more.
After you win the appeal, it is possible to be refused again. The appeal overturned the reason for the first refusal, so they can't refuse you again for the same reason, but they can refuse for a different reason.
But I've read hundreds of appeal cases, and I have not yet seen any where someone was refused again after winning the appeal, so it seems to be very unlikely.

unlucky

Jun 5, 2010
i was hoping weeks to a few months not more then 6 i don't think i can handle 6 months + this is so unfair

unlucky

Jun 5, 2010
is there any other people have been waiting for 4 years to be with there spouses. cic has been taking a long time with our case is there anyway to speed them up

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
dont despair....it is very likely that your husband will be with you within 6 months nine months tops

unlucky

Jun 5, 2010
if i email chc in islamabad do you think they will tell me what is going on or what will happen next i just don't want to wait anymore. i think i have been very patient and i am getting more frusterated right now i am unable to travel due to medical reasons and it's frusterating not being with him. do you think our file could be sped up because of our 4 year wait and the fact that we were scheduled for an adr hearing in 2008 then they postpone it to a new date then after they told me that we had to go to a full hearing and then we waited again over a year/09 then when i went to the hearing again they postponed it/09 and again waited 6 months/10 more finally was heard and we won but considering they have been messing with us and we have been patient do you think they might get us out of the way. i just see people with their time lines way shorter then ours what are they testing us. i just don't no what to expect this is crazy to have some control when hubby/wife can be together i know it immigration and people get married for convience purpose but when you prove your marriage is true why do we all have to wait for someone to say when our love ones can be with us.
just don't know what i can do anymore we've waited so long to be together. they even won't let him over on a vistor visa a few months ago when i needed him the most when i was so sick. do you think if he applies again for vistor's visa now that our case has been allowed do you think they will allow him to come over.

just trying to figure out how to be with him while we wait for this to be finished but i think i know the answer to my question and it's no but i just thought i'd ask

thanks for the help

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
unlucky, hmmm you really have been unlucky! there is nothing to do now but wait, and yes impatiently! get healthy and go and visit...

your file will take priority now but that still isn't quick enough

please take care of yourself, have a girls night, meet up with some friends you haven't seen in a long time, treat yourself to a new lipstick or some perfume, buy yourself some flowers....its really important to stay busy with family and friends...this process can....hmmm easily drive you insane

take care!

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
unlucky said:
i am currently sponsoring my husband to canada our process has been taken forever and i mean years. we were finally heard and won in our apeal hearing in Jan/2010. our file has been sent back to CHC in Islamabad for processing since then my hubby had recieved a package from CHC with update forms and DMP request and police clearance request and all have been sent back and recieved by CHC in Islamabad in May 2010. now my question is how much longer of a wait till they ask for his passport. Are they going to do anything more with our caes before they ask for his passport. what is going to happen next and how long till they ask for his passport i guess is my question. Also will they do a background check but i am thinking this has been done already and why the update forms.
thank you
unlucky
This is not unusual after an allowed appeal - it's exactly what we're going through right now also. There is no way to know how long it will take once they get all your updated forms and the PCC and the medical results back. They are reprocessing the application and, even though they are supposed to give allowed appeals priority processing, I've seen no indication that that actually happens. I don't know, for sure, whether they repeat the background checks or not, but that would be the part that would take the most amount of time. I suspect that they probably do repeat them if the foreign national has been living in his/her country while waiting on the appeal. Just like with the PCCs, they want to make sure there is nothing that might make the FN inadmissible to Canada and they are not going to just assume there isn't.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
unlucky said:
how do you know when they do the background check
You don't - they're very secretive about the timing of that, whether they actually do it and the extent to which they do it, and what they find out. They say they do it for all applications, but I even have my doubts about that considering I've seen applicants processed through Buffalo and finalized in only 17 days and, when they are conducting background checks, it seems it takes longer than that just to get the information to whomever they send it. I think whether they do them, and to what extent, has a lot to do with the applicant's ties at home - schools, work, family, friends, etc. They're looking for things that would indicate ties to entities that might be threatening to Canada so I think if someone has absolutely no questionable associations, they would do a cursory check - whereas, if someone has a military background, or has worked for certain agencies, etc., the checks would be more intensive. But, as I said, this is all speculation and there doesn't seem to be any consistency at all regarding when they're done and how long they take. You just have to be patient.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Unlucky, I'm very sorry to hear of all your problems with your case. Have you tried contacting your Member of Parliament? They may not be able to do much, but they can ask the embassy for you. Some are more helpful than others. If I had to wait more than four years, and won my appeal, I'd be tempted to go to the media.
Good luck, and I hope your spouse is with you soon.

unlucky

Jun 5, 2010
what will the media do how can they help me...and why is it when i go to my mp office i never get to speak with him. i really need to get this going on myside for once. can i make an appointment to speak with my mp directly