+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help-would like to sponsor my wife who already has a child

K

karran

Hello Every one,
I would appreciate if I could get any feed back or any answers that can help me before applying...
MY name is karan and i am a candian citizen ship.. I have met a girl in india and i would like to marry her even she is elder to me.. She has one kid which is like 2 years old.I am working full time here as RN in a hospital.the child is from her ex boyfriend who is not in touch with her and actually left her when she got pregnant.
I would like to sponsor both so- is there any problems or paper work that i should be aware of and i should get ready .PLEASE LET ME KNOW ANY INFORMATION WOULD HELP TO REJOIN ALL OF US AND I SINCERELY LOVE HER AND HER KID.. THANK YOU ALL.
KARRAN..

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
You can sponsor her as your spouse and the child as her accompanying dependent.

K

karran

CharlieD10 said:
You can sponsor her as your spouse and the child as her accompanying dependent.
i mean charlie.. does my wife has to get a letter form her ex . for the child consent...

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes there needs to be consent if she doesnt have sole custody by court order or by a written agreement

K

karran

PLEASE REPLY IF ANY ONE HAS THIS KIND OF SITUATION AND HAVE GOT VISA.......IT WOULD REALLY HELP AS I HAVENT STARTED THE PROCESS YET.. THANKS..

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there are threads about this there is also a form the non accompanying parent must sign that is in the region specific guide

sonyji

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Kedeisha said:
there are threads about this there is also a form the non accompanying parent must sign that is in the region specific guide
i hope some one can help u....i dont have any idea...

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
If you list them as accompanying, she has to at least have permission from their father to take them to Canada. If they do not stay in Canada for at least total 730 days in the next 5 years after getting their PR, they will lose it again. On the other hand, if your wife lives in Canada for a solid 3 years, then applies for citizenship, she can apply for the children too if they are under 18 so if they spent at least a couple of months in Canada during those first 3 years, they do not otherwise have to meet residency requirements for citizenship if she does.

If you list them as non-accompanying, she can sponsor them later but be aware that she can only sponsor them under the federal system until age 22 unless they are full time students. Possibly she could sponsor them under a provincial program for longer, depends on where you live.
Thats a quote from Leon 1 of the more knowledgeable person on the forum please take a look at the bolded part your wife NEED permission to take the child to Canada

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also this is from the INDIA region specific guide

CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
Provide the following documents:
•Provide the following documents:Original birth certificate for each child (which shows the names of the parents)
•School certificate (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation certificates)
•A letter from the medical practitioner or hospital if one of your children has a physical or mental disability

Note:Each of the above-mentioned documents are required for citizenship or immigration applications for adopted children.
If you are divorced or separated, you must include proof that you have custody of the children, that you have fulfilled all obligations in custody agreements, and that the children are able to move to Canada.

K

karran

Kedeisha said:
Also this is from the INDIA region specific guide

CHILDREN'S INFORMATION
Provide the following documents:
•Provide the following documents:Original birth certificate for each child (which shows the names of the parents)
•School certificate (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation certificates)
•A letter from the medical practitioner or hospital if one of your children has a physical or mental disability

Note:Each of the above-mentioned documents are required for citizenship or immigration applications for adopted children.
If you are divorced or separated, you must include proof that you have custody of the children, that you have fulfilled all obligations in custody agreements, and that the children are able to move to Canada.

thank you so so much.. am going to check right away.. i hope this helps and gives me some help

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karran said:
does a 18months kid need to do medical check up....
Yes they do there are some test that won't be performed but the DMP will know what test to do and what not to