+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help with Visitor Record

inder13

Dec 17, 2018
Hi Friends,
I have put myself in a strange situation. My mother in law had visited us on a visitor visa and then we applied for a visitor record before expiry of her visitor visa. While her visitor record application was in progress, she left for home country. I was under the impression that her implied status will be valid and we need to withdraw her visitor record application after she left for India. So, I raised request with IRCC to withdraw her application. I got the response that my mother in law’s implied status will be gone if her visitor record application is withdrawn. So, I raised a new web form asking them not to withdraw the application as I did not have wish her to out of status for the period when her visitor record application was in progress.
Today, I got a response on my mother in law’s gckey account that that her visitor record application is withdrawn. This will cause issues with her future visits as she has over stayed her visitor visa by 4 months. I should have raised request to let the IRCC know that she has left Canada when I ended up raising a request for withdrawal of her visitor record application. I think my subsequent web form where I requested IRCC not to withdraw her application is yet to be reviewed but given current situation where her application is withdrawn, what should I do?
I shall be grateful to you for this.

Last edited: