+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help with sponsorship questions

Magik

Mar 29, 2007
I moved to Canada from the U.S. in 2003. I was told before moving here I didn't ned to do anything before coming over. after I got here I called the immigration call centre to see what my next step was. I was told to apply for Citizenship and sent out an application. After reading over it I realized I couldn't apply for citizenship, so I called back and was told i need to apply for Perminent residance. I got that application and read it over, I called the call centre back because I had I question concerning my daughter, who lives in Canada with me and my husband. I was told that it was the wrong application and was sent the application for sponsorship, because I am married to a Canadian. I had to go back to the states this past summer because my dad had pasted away. When re-entering Canada I was sent to the Immigration desk at the airport, The woman I spoke with Yelled and Screamed at me and threatened to have me deported. In the end she gave me a visitor record, so I could stay in Canada. I have lost all faith in the people at immigration. My husband lost his job a few months ago, and has not returned to work yet. We live with my mother-in-law, Can she sponsor me?

Thanks for any help!