+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help with some questions/advices.

T0RS

Mar 17, 2017
I'm thinking about moving to Canada and I have some questions.
Before asking for anything I want you to know my goals:

Moving to Canada permanently (going alone)
Having a job but more like a survival one examples: Cashier, Coffe Shop seller etc. also having the option to change jobs freely.
Obtaining Canadian citizenship?

About My self, I'm 22 years old
I graduated High school in my country.
I don't have any work experience or profession.

My questions are:
What is the first step going to Canada (besides visa)
How much money would I need for rent and food (until I find a job)
Is it hard finding a "survival" job?
Do I need to translate my documents in English like my High school diploma, birth certificate etc ?
How long would it take to get an open work permit, Permanent resident, and citizenship?

I know I don't sound very promising but I just want to know if I have any chance coming in Canada.

Feel free to add additional information that you think I need to know because I may not be aware if I didn't ask.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Immigrating to Canada is not an option for you at this time. At a minimum, you'll need a year of work experience (likely skilled work experience) in order to qualify to immigrate. You'll most likely also have to complete additional education in your home country before you can immigrate.

With only a high school education and no work experience - you don't qualify under any immigration program.

Based on the information you've provided - you don't qualify for an open work permit. The answer may change depending on where (which country) you're from.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If you have significant funds and can gain admission to an educational institute here in Canada, you can try for a study permit.

Emilie

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depends on the country you live, you may be eligible for International Xperience Canada, it's for young people, 2 years open work visa. Check on CIC site.