+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help with some questions/advices.

Discussion in 'Canadian Labour Legislation' started by T0RS, Mar 17, 2017.

  1. I'm thinking about moving to Canada and I have some questions.
    Before asking for anything I want you to know my goals:

    Moving to Canada permanently (going alone)
    Having a job but more like a survival one examples: Cashier, Coffe Shop seller etc. also having the option to change jobs freely.
    Obtaining Canadian citizenship?

    About My self, I'm 22 years old
    I graduated High school in my country.
    I don't have any work experience or profession.

    My questions are:
    What is the first step going to Canada (besides visa)
    How much money would I need for rent and food (until I find a job)
    Is it hard finding a "survival" job?
    Do I need to translate my documents in English like my High school diploma, birth certificate etc ?
    How long would it take to get an open work permit, Permanent resident, and citizenship?

    I know I don't sound very promising but I just want to know if I have any chance coming in Canada.

    Feel free to add additional information that you think I need to know because I may not be aware if I didn't ask.
  2. Immigrating to Canada is not an option for you at this time. At a minimum, you'll need a year of work experience (likely skilled work experience) in order to qualify to immigrate. You'll most likely also have to complete additional education in your home country before you can immigrate.

    With only a high school education and no work experience - you don't qualify under any immigration program.

    Based on the information you've provided - you don't qualify for an open work permit. The answer may change depending on where (which country) you're from.
  3. If you have significant funds and can gain admission to an educational institute here in Canada, you can try for a study permit.
  4. Well I'm sad to hear that I gues don't have any chance then.
  5. Depends on the country you live, you may be eligible for International Xperience Canada, it's for young people, 2 years open work visa. Check on CIC site.

Share This Page