+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with reference letter

Vivian121

May 16, 2017
The company I worked for before is now under restructuring due to tight funding chain. My previous manager had agreed to write a reference letter for me but also told me the company might change its address and phone number in the next few months.

I'm worried if the phone number and address get changed while VO is assessing my case. What if VO cannot reach the company by the info provided on the letter? Will they contact the reference instead, or will they just reject the case directly?

I'm planning to explain that the company might change the contact info in LOE...But what else can I do? Please give some suggestions. Thanks a lot!

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
The companies can shout down due to any reason.
I suggest to give an explanation letter and give your managers email ID/phone numbers for reference or even HRs. Even if company closes, they could refer if they need.
Please get all details before it shuts down.

SuperSaiyanGod

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2017
Nomination.....
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Passport Req..
02-01-2018
The company I worked for before is now under restructuring due to tight funding chain. My previous manager had agreed to write a reference letter for me but also told me the company might change its address and phone number in the next few months.

I'm worried if the phone number and address get changed while VO is assessing my case. What if VO cannot reach the company by the info provided on the letter? Will they contact the reference instead, or will they just reject the case directly?

I'm planning to explain that the company might change the contact info in LOE...But what else can I do? Please give some suggestions. Thanks a lot!
If they call they will at least get the voicemail that company is closed.If they cannot verify, most of the time they send you a letter asking you for some proof . I would recommend you to also submit your T4 and bank statement