+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help with PR options

sumitamatya

Jul 27, 2017
I am planning to get PR in Canada but my points are way low to get selected in the pool (have tried in 2015 but did not get selected). I am currently in US and have valid visa for few more years but I do not want to stay here for long because I am not sure if I can get GC so instead, I want to move to canada assuming PR is easier than getting GC.

My available options are, I have a sister in Canada who is a PR holder. So my question related to the PR is, can my sister sponsor me (i have a kid and wife in US and she has her husband and a daughter),
or may be she can register a small business and then process for work permit for myself?
I have also put an option to study in canada (I am starting to correspondence in colleges but then it is not the fastest way)
I am working as a tester in US and have valid Canada visitor visa, so can anyone help me which would be the best option or process for me and my family to move canada and get PR?

Please help!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
My available options are, I have a sister in Canada who is a PR holder. So my question related to the PR is, can my sister sponsor me (i have a kid and wife in US and she has her husband and a daughter),
No, she can't sponsor you. Canadians can only sponsor their spouse, dependent children, or parents.

or may be she can register a small business and then process for work permit for myself?
Probably won't work either, since it's pretty obvious she'd be opening the business solely for purpose of getting you a work permit. The LMIA would have a very high chance of refusal as she would need to prove no Canadian could be hired for the role, and would look suspicious she's applying for a family member. Plus a work visa is temporary, it does not automatically lead to qualifying for PR.

I have also put an option to study in canada (I am starting to correspondence in colleges but then it is not the fastest way)
I am working as a tester in US and have valid Canada visitor visa, so can anyone help me which would be the best option or process for me and my family to move canada and get PR?

Please help!
You can come as a student, and complete a course that would allow you job opportunities in higher demand jobs that may qualify you for PR.

Or you will need to look at building up your points outside of Canada (by getting better result on language tests, different type of skilled work experience, etc etc) to have a better chance to get selected.

Reactions: sumitamatya