Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a dentist applying for express entry. Please could someone help me in ECA assessment results
The ECA report mentions that my Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) is equivalent to 5 years of professional study in dentistry and my MAster of Dental Surgery (MDS) as three years of graduate dental education.

I am confused as to what I should enter my MDS credentials as?! Should I mark it as
* Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.one must be a program of three years
OR
* Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Please help
Thank you

sunichak

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you tell me what the summary says? Canadian equivalent summary.
If it says Bachelors, then it is the highest level of education. In that case, you have to opt for Bachelors since they did not mention your Bachelor of Dental Surgery as any Canadian equivalent degree.

Dentcan

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sunichak, thanks for your reply
The summary says
Five years of professional study in dentistry and three years of graduate dental education

The Canadian equivalency shows five years of professional study in dentistry and in remarks it has been written as such : the bachelor of dental surgery is the first professional degree in dentistry in India

I appreciate your help
Thank you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just choose the entry-to-profession option. Based on this ECA, you'll get the 2nd highest points for Education equivalent to Masters.

Dentcan

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad
I did that for my BDS but I don't have an idea what to put for my MDS which is shown as Canadian equivalency of three years of graduate dental education.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can leave it out because it adds nothing to your application. Or choose Masters equivalent, it doesn't matter. You get the highest possible score just with your Bachelors.

Dentcan

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh Ok Asivad Anac
but i still have two post secondary credentials and that will count in my skill transferability factor, Am I right? because this will give me around 25 points extra, and i am wondering if i omit these details in the education details, wont it affect my score?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not really. Just your Bachelors in Dentistry alone would get you the points for Skills Transferability as well because that is equivalent to Masters.

Dentcan

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Asivad Anac for your time and advice. Very grateful to you.God bless you

gauran

Oct 2, 2018
hello sir,After 3 years I am over hear reading yours queries. I believe u are already in canada being selected as immigrants. plz reply me, so that i can ask u some queries. I have done my masters in orthodontics.