+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED help with IRCC request; proof of funds

JaTsl

Jan 6, 2023
I received a request from IRCC to submit proof of funds (detailed statement) for me and my spouse even though I am the sole applicant.
I used two accounts as proof of funds; one personal account, the other a joint account. Issue is... the joint account is about cad$2000 less than what was submitted. Do I transfer it back then generate a statement or generate statement showing it as it is... meaning less than what was submitted? Do I explain why it is less? Any suggestion is appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I received a request from IRCC to submit proof of funds (detailed statement) for me and my spouse even though I am the sole applicant.
I used two accounts as proof of funds; one personal account, the other a joint account. Issue is... the joint account is about cad$2000 less than what was submitted. Do I transfer it back then generate a statement or generate statement showing it as it is... meaning less than what was submitted? Do I explain why it is less? Any suggestion is appreciated.
So where did the $2000 go? Did you just move it between accounts? Explain it in a letter. So spouse is not coming with you? How much are you showing after paying tuition.

JaTsl

Jan 6, 2023
Yes funds moved to my other account .... different from what was used. Still there. Spouse not coming but wondering if they asked for proof of funds for me and spouse because it's a joint account. Course is two years with first year paid. Joint account has 11000 cad personal has 15 000cad.

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
Easy solution.

Take 2 account statements and letter from the Bank with the required amount even if they are transferred yesterday and take a letter from your wife that there is no problem if you use those funds.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes funds moved to my other account .... different from what was used. Still there. Spouse not coming but wondering if they asked for proof of funds for me and spouse because it's a joint account. Course is two years with first year paid. Joint account has 11000 cad personal has 15 000cad.
So show the two accounts with explanation of moving funds. The issue may be that the one account is joint and spouse is not accompanying so she needs those funds for her own living expenses. Is this for January? You still need approval, passport stamping before January.

JaTsl

Jan 6, 2023
A letter from my spouse was submitted. For the joint account, I only sent in a letter with an overview, not a detailed statement showing money in and out. It is for January yes.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
A letter from my spouse was submitted. For the joint account, I only sent in a letter with an overview, not a detailed statement showing money in and out. It is for January yes.
IRCC wants updated detailed statements so give the two bank statements. Explain the movement in funds.

JaTsl

Jan 6, 2023
Thank you but Just to be clear, I mentioned 3 accounts... joint with spouse, my account that i used for pof and a third account with low funds that I transferred to from joint account. Which two?