+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with ARC letter (Authorization to return to Canada)

Jun 22, 2011
Hello everyone

Need help with ARC letter.
My family filed for refugee case which was rejected. My dad reappealed on humanitarian bases nd all but no luck. So we left in 2006.
Now I m married to Canadian citizen for 5 years and we finally decided to migrate to Canada. We filed for spousal immigration in march 2015. Everything was good till day b4 yesterday when I got a email from them that since I was deported in 2006 I need to get a arc letter.
Did anyone had to go thru that? Any idea how long does it take? What proof do I need to give? We left within the time they gave us and we purchased our own tickets nd I was only 18 years old when I left canada.
I m based in dubai and my file is processing in LVO.
Any suggestions will be very helpful. Thanks

Jun 22, 2011
I already did my medical and everything and paid cad 490 immigration fee last month.
This is the reply I got from them few days ago.

Dear Applicant,

After careful and thorough consideration of all aspects of your application and the supporting information provided, I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration because you are a person described in subsection 52(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 52(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states: if a removal order has been enforced, the foreign national shall not return to Canada, unless authorized by an officer or in other prescribed circumstances.

You were removed from Canada under a deportation order, which was enforced on July 7, 2006.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that the visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. I am not satisfied that you are not inadmissible for the reasons set out above.

I will suspend my assessment of the file for 60 days in order for you to provide an application for an Authorization to Return to Canada in order to overcome your inadmissibility.

atariq

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
blackknight678 said:
I already did my medical and everything and paid cad 490 immigration fee last month.
This is the reply I got from them few days ago.

Dear Applicant,

After careful and thorough consideration of all aspects of your application and the supporting information provided, I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration because you are a person described in subsection 52(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 52(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states: if a removal order has been enforced, the foreign national shall not return to Canada, unless authorized by an officer or in other prescribed circumstances.

You were removed from Canada under a deportation order, which was enforced on July 7, 2006.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that the visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. I am not satisfied that you are not inadmissible for the reasons set out above.

I will suspend my assessment of the file for 60 days in order for you to provide an application for an Authorization to Return to Canada in order to overcome your inadmissibility.

Okay so I believe these are the sample ARC request for they are doing these days. Well they used to send ARC forms but my husband recently got the same thing. SO all you have to do is write personal statement(telling and explaining in detail that your family filed case and you left canada and please attach if you have any record of return ticket,deportation order, stamp on your passport showing your return and then explain that you are married to Canadian citizen now and want to move to Canada) , show any job letter you have , school awards/certificates attended in canada . Show your current financial statement. Your spouse can also submit personal statment that you guys want to spend your life in Canada and you guys are all mentally , financially prepared to live in Canada , also add detail of your children and in the end please pay ARC fees which is 400 and you can pay online and attach receipt or as bank draft.
Good Luck

CCGS2015

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Nomination.....
03-06-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
18-09-2015
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
29-03-2016
Did you get any answer from ARC yet?
I filled mine in September 2015 to Sao Paulo Visa Office and have not heard anything from them yet.
Does anyone have any idea about time to process those applications for ARC?
Thanks and good luck...we are in the same boat!

fr33z3n

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
CCGS2015 said:
I filled mine in September 2015 to Sao Paulo Visa Office and have not heard anything from them yet.
Arc processing times vary from 6 to 12 month. However some have been know to get them faster.

Tashakami

Sep 27, 2019
Have you received any answer?

Arbz

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
is that a normal process they ask me to send explanation letter but not fee yet for the ARC or it just me because what I see everybody on this forum got letter and fee request at the same time can anyone please tell

aabiola

Aug 24, 2018
is that a normal process they ask me to send explanation letter but not fee yet for the ARC or it just me because what I see everybody on this forum got letter and fee request at the same time can anyone please tell
I will advice you send them whatever they ask...everyone's case is different.

exquisite

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Hi! Is there any update here for the people that applied for ARC? My parents were asked to apply for it during their sponsorship process but included in the letter was to complete a TRV application