+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help With A Letter I Received

Spyro64

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
Hey guys,

I need help with a quick question on regards of a letter I received but first I will give you guys a quick run down of my situation.

I am a US citizen that is married to a Canadian and my wife (the Canadian) is sponsoring me. We sent our application almost two months now and it has been received and so far everything is going great. Now to my question.

My sponsor received an E-Mail saying,

"
We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.

The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga will continue to hold the associated Application for

Permanent Residence awaiting the submission of a completed Schedule A Background Declaration

form (IMM5669).

A request has or will be sent directly to the principal applicant with instructions outlining the

requirements for submission of the Schedule A to CPC-Mississauga. If your principal applicant or their

representative has not yet received this request, or an invitation to link their application to My CIC, it

will be sent in the next 5 business days. Your PA or their representative should also check their junk

mail in the email account provided at the time of application submission.

Separate Schedule A forms, bearing signatures, must be completed by the applicant, and by all

dependent family members 18 years of age or older (whether accompanying or not).

Upon receipt of the completed Schedule A form(s), the Application for Permanent Residence for your

relative(s) will be sent to a visa office for processing. The visa office will be selected based on your

relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; a

confirmation letter will be sent to you when the application is sent to the visa office, informing you of

the visa office selected.

To re-iterate, the completed Schedule A form(s) must be received at this office within 30 days of the

original request that was sent to your sponsored family member(s) (or their representative).

Reminder – Your undertaking is an unconditional promise of support

The undertaking you signed is an unconditional promise to financially support and provide basic

requirements for your sponsored relative(s). This undertaking is not broken by such changes as the

granting of Canadian citizenship, divorce, separation, relationship breakdown, moving to another

province, or a change in your financial situation. Your obligations as a sponsor begin as soon as your

sponsored relative and, if applicable, their accompanying family members become permanent

residents of Canada. This undertaking cannot be cancelled once permanent resident visas are issued

to them."

Sorry for HUGE wall of text but that's the letter my sponsor received. My question to you guys is, what exactly do we have to do now? We already sent IMM5669 with our application so I am not sure why they are asking for it again...

IamGill

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
File Transfer...
02-05-2017
Med's Request
10-04-2017 (Passed)
Med's Done....
11-04-2017 (DM on 1-08-2017)
Passport Req..
07-08-2017 (Submitted on 08-08-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2017
LANDED..........
23-08-2017
Hey!! You probably didn't sign it manually... that's probably the reason why you need to send it again. Same thing happened to me too!! So fill in the UCI no. and application no. on the form and then sign it digitally if you will be uploading it through the CIC online account. Otherwise you will have to sign it manually and either mail it or send through the webform.

Reactions: Spyro64

Spyro64

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
Hey!! You probably didn't sign it manually... that's probably the reason why you need to send it again. Same thing happened to me too!! So fill in the UCI no. and application no. on the form and then sign it digitally if you will be uploading it through the CIC online account. Otherwise you will have to sign it manually and either mail it or send through the webform.
Thank you for your reply and help! I will look into how to send it through my CIC account as I assume that would reach them the fastest. Thank you once again! :)

IamGill

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
File Transfer...
02-05-2017
Med's Request
10-04-2017 (Passed)
Med's Done....
11-04-2017 (DM on 1-08-2017)
Passport Req..
07-08-2017 (Submitted on 08-08-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2017
LANDED..........
23-08-2017
Thank you for your reply and help! I will look into how to send it through my CIC account as I assume that would reach them the fastest. Thank you once again! :)
No problem. Yes if you got request on your CIC account, that would reach them the fastest. Good luck