+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help! Want to get a visa to work in Canada

ace114

Sep 23, 2009
I live in scotland and have just returned from canada in september after doing volunteer work there for 6 months. I am looking to return to Canada as soon as possible and looking to stay there on a more permanent basis. I am only 19 and I don't have a degree but I have been looking at jobs in Vancouver. Few questions can you go to Canada on a visitor visa and then apply for a working visa when you get there and would I be able to look for jobs while in canada? I know you can get a visa if you have a job confirmation, does anyone know any companies willing to offer jobs to internationals without a degree?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ace114 said:
I live in scotland and have just returned from canada in september after doing volunteer work there for 6 months. I am looking to return to Canada as soon as possible and looking to stay there on a more permanent basis. I am only 19 and I don't have a degree but I have been looking at jobs in Vancouver. Few questions can you go to Canada on a visitor visa and then apply for a working visa when you get there and would I be able to look for jobs while in canada? I know you can get a visa if you have a job confirmation, does anyone know any companies willing to offer jobs to internationals without a degree?
It would be simpler for you to apply for a BUNAC working holiday visa, which would allow you to work in Canada for a year. You are probably not considered a skilled worker, so any employer would have to obtain an LMO and prove why there were no Canadians/PRs available or qualified for the job.

PMM