+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help-urgent please

canadaimmi

Dec 21, 2007
Hello,

My PR application is in final stages. The CIC asked me for the police clearance certificate from the countries I lived in and also asked for my medicals. I had my medicals done in Oct-2007 and had them send out to the CIC. Now (Dec-2007) am waiting for the police clearance from one of the countries I lived in.

I applied for PR as single and now at this stage (in Jan-2008) I am getting married. Can I now add my spouse to my application in Jan-2008 with the appropriate marriage certificate etc and other supporting document(s) so we both get the PR together? Or is it not possible to do so because my application is in final stages? I understand it may/will increase the processing time but thats okay as long as we both get the PR at the same time.

Please help- any advice from experts...

Thanks,
VC

speedoflight

Star Member
Jul 17, 2007
Europe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think!

That you dont have to complicate your application...

Get it PR first for your self, thats most important !!!!

Wait for police clearance and send it back to CIC

Congratulations your file is DONE!

Share us your background please

canadaimmi

Dec 21, 2007
Thank you speedofflight for your reply. But my only concern is that I do not wish to land in Canada, while my spouse waits outside the country to get to me. If I get the PR now, I will need to land in Canada in about an year and that too alone.

BTW, my background is Indian Nationality, with masters degree in engineering and work experience of about 2 years in India and 5 years in the USA.

Any help is appreciated...

speedoflight

Star Member
Jul 17, 2007
Europe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My cousin did like this:

He went there spent few weeks 3-4, then came back home, got papers for his wife submitted and in one year they went together

But I see that you love your wife
Thats Important
who cares for PR
:)

kidding

congratulations

canadaimmi

Dec 21, 2007
Thank you speedoflight for the prompt reply... Please forgive me to bug you again, but can you please explain a little bit more about your cousin's case? That seems to be a good way to go. Heres what I understand, please correct me if I am wrong:

- Your cousin landed into Canada before the expiry date on the visa
- lived there for 3-4 weeks
- took the travel document and returned to home country
- filed spouse's petition as a skilled worker (or something else?)
- then both moved to Canada

Thanks in advance for your quick responses...

VC

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Canadaimmi:

The thing for you to do is inform CIC as soon as you get married. You will have to amend as appropriate all of the forms you submitted to include your husband. And yes, this will delay your landing. But since that doesn't seem to be a problem for you, and since you absolutely MUST tell CIC of any changes in family status, it's the way to go.

Congratulations.

krazykayne

Dec 19, 2007
That's what I feel too. In my own application which is undergoing process right now in Accra, my Immigration Attorneys asked me to ensure I inform them anytime, as little as my phone number changes!

Marriage is significant enough as update because it will modify your status as an applicant. I think it is imperative you update your personal information with CIC, no matter the stage you've attained in the application process, at least, to clear you of a possible indictment of 'hoarding information'. It will thereafter, be at the discretion of CIC to update now or later, but clear you of any trace of dishonesty in time to come. Consistency and keeping to rules is absolutely important in whatever one does.
Congratulations.