+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help...unclear

reenat

Oct 13, 2008
I am on Work permit rite now under my spouse..My study permit expired last yr 2008 october(I came here originally of study permit 3 yrs doen) wanna go bak to skool applied last month for study permit been a month nothing yet and they are saying it will take another month my classes start on may 17th..and my permit is still not here may have been processed but I have not received it...what do i do now?well If I drop all my courses now I will be in deep trouble....but I don wanna break immigration laws...as I cudnt apply eralierbecause my enrollment letter wasnt there if they don open registration...now what should I do?Should I go to a border agency to get permit?also that

someone said I have implied status and go to skool...from CIC becasue I had a permit before..is tht rite?if not sould I drop my courses or should i go to border agency?really really confused...

hassan51214

Apr 26, 2009
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
hey
no need to worry at all as it is mentioned on the CIC website that if u applied for stduy permit extension nd its dealyed due to some resaon tht doesnt means u r breaking any laws....i read this all on there web wait let m copy the link i ll hafto search
Chill

daehder

Apr 24, 2009
You have implied status as you have applied for a Study Permit not because you had one from before. You can attend classes unless you are told by CIC that your Study Permit has been denied. It usually takes around 45 days currently for a Study Permit to be issued. What you are asking them is for a change of Status from Work to Study. Since they issued you a Work Permit it is unlikely they will deny you a Study Permit.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

daehder said:
You have implied status as you have applied for a Study Permit not because you had one from before. You can attend classes unless you are told by CIC that your Study Permit has been denied. It usually takes around 45 days currently for a Study Permit to be issued. What you are asking them is for a change of Status from Work to Study. Since they issued you a Work Permit it is unlikely they will deny you a Study Permit.
The OP doesn;t have implied status for a study permit, s/he would have it if applying for an extension. The study permit expired in 2008 so is not apply for an extension.

PMM