16 02 2018
Med's Done....
10 02 2018
Passport Req..
28 03 2018
VISA ISSUED...
03 04 2018
where can i find this kind of lawyer?
I am not sure but may be ask your contacts or you can search on google if anyone have ever hired a Lawyer for Immigration purpose. I have never been in such situation so personally i do not know any Lawyer.

PlimPlum

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
It is interesting to see so many people expect to get permanent residence, just because they made the effort to hit the submit button.
Gentle reminder, just because you apply, it doesn't mean you will get it. The Canadian Government can do whatever they see fit with their EE program and immigration, and they can stretch out their processes, and look into your background as long as they want to. Waiting for 2 years - I wouldn't wish this on anyone, don't get me wrong, but we all need to remember, that applicants are invited to apply, and nowhere in the ITA does it say that at the end of the process they all get a PR card.
Waiting is difficult for everyone, and people have to make life choices whilst waiting for the outcome of the application, but it doesn't change the fact that you have already done what you could, now it's their turn, and you just have to wait.
To look at it from a different angle - your application hasn't been rejected, which means you are still a candidate. Try to focus on something you can control and do not worry about something you clearly cannot control.
Unless you have been in that person's shoes, you could have just stayed silent. You are not offering any solution here, but only suggesting that he or she just have to wait, but for how long? You are suggesting to wait indefinitely which doesn't make any sense at all.The person is frustrated and stressed because, let's face it, two years is a lot for anyone. Maybe there are ways to help speed up the process like hiring a lawyer, so there is nothing wrong in seeking help here. At least everyone deserves to receive a decision, whether it is a yes or no, within a reasonable time frame.

By the way, effort is not just hitting the submit button. It involves a lot of effort and resources like preparing for and taking the language tests, getting your transcripts from universities and having them evaluated, taking medicals, collecting PCCs, etc., etc. Some people may even have to travel to other countries to prepare/collect the said documents. These are all time consuming and takes months before one is ready to just simply click the submit button. Most frustratingly, the person's plans could be in limbo, like losing a job and income. So please let's have some sympathy here.

lkva

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
@PlimPlum

Thank you for your input. My note was not directed at the person who posted the original discussion.
The intention of my post was not to judge, but to share an observation, and simply offer a different perspective, in general. If anything, I feel for every single applicant who puts their faith into the system and takes the chance to immigrate. I've done it twice already, so I know exactly what it feels like to hope and wait for the authorities - so much for your assumption of me not having been in a similar situation, and that I have no sympathy.

As for the difficulties of submitting the application - applying for PR is a choice, and everyone should go into the process with their eyes wide open; it is not a simple process. Naturally, this isn't to say that anyone should have to wait years before their case is concluded, and I do hope that those type of cases are very rare, and that eventually they are successfully resolved.
I did not offer a solution, because I am not a legal professional, so whatever advice I'd claim to have for someone in such a complex case, would be pure speculation and guess work, which I do not do - again, I shared an observation, and offered a different perspective which some people got, and some didn't like - and I'm OK with that. I believe I addressed the 'life being in limbo' situation already, so I won't labour the point.
If others feel they are qualified to offer a solution to every single post on this forum, it's their choice to do so.

Reactions: shaheerjaved