+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help, unbelievable 2 years processing, still on back ground checking

Apr 5, 2018
need help!
2016.may.16 aor
cec express entry
with lmia 600 points

i am already waiting two years long. today still background checking. sent email to CPC many times, all the reply like a machine. also, find MP to make a call, all the same.

what can i do right now ? such unbeliveable to such a long time to waiting.

Apr 5, 2018
here is the newest MP reply
"
I contacted Immigration. They are still waiting for the Security Check to be completed by the Chinese agency. Once they receive the report, they can review and make a decision. Your application is in process, however, because of the requested additional background checks, the processing time does not apply.

I will continue to follow your case."

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
here is the newest MP reply
"
I contacted Immigration. They are still waiting for the Security Check to be completed by the Chinese agency. Once they receive the report, they can review and make a decision. Your application is in process, however, because of the requested additional background checks, the processing time does not apply.

I will continue to follow your case."
That is entirely out of IRCC's control, so there is nothing you can do but continue to wait.

amug

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
need help!
2016.may.16 aor
cec express entry
with lmia 600 points

i am already waiting two years long. today still background checking. sent email to CPC many times, all the reply like a machine. also, find MP to make a call, all the same.

Damn I didn't think it is even possible to wait for this long time :eek:

Suraj89

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16 02 2018
AOR Received.
16 02 2018
Med's Done....
10 02 2018
Passport Req..
28 03 2018
VISA ISSUED...
03 04 2018
need help!
2016.may.16 aor
cec express entry
with lmia 600 points

I think your file is under Security Screening, there is nothing you can do instead of waiting and try to get update time to time.

yangincanada

Oct 18, 2017
Do you mind sharing your background? Did you have any gov service, military service etc? It is rare to see SS taking so long on a Chinese citizen.

Suraj89

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16 02 2018
AOR Received.
16 02 2018
Med's Done....
10 02 2018
Passport Req..
28 03 2018
VISA ISSUED...
03 04 2018
i know, but 2 years now, how long should i still wait for it.
I know its frustating but in your case even IRCC is helpless because they are waiting for your security check from Chinese agency. I think you can once try contacting Chinese council but i am afraid this is going to work either.
Did you talk to any Lawyer regarding your situation? I think a good Lawyer can help you out here.

lkva

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
It is interesting to see so many people expect to get permanent residence, just because they made the effort to hit the submit button.
Gentle reminder, just because you apply, it doesn't mean you will get it. The Canadian Government can do whatever they see fit with their EE program and immigration, and they can stretch out their processes, and look into your background as long as they want to. Waiting for 2 years - I wouldn't wish this on anyone, don't get me wrong, but we all need to remember, that applicants are invited to apply, and nowhere in the ITA does it say that at the end of the process they all get a PR card.
Waiting is difficult for everyone, and people have to make life choices whilst waiting for the outcome of the application, but it doesn't change the fact that you have already done what you could, now it's their turn, and you just have to wait.
To look at it from a different angle - your application hasn't been rejected, which means you are still a candidate. Try to focus on something you can control and do not worry about something you clearly cannot control.

Reactions: Buletruck
Apr 5, 2018
I know its frustating but in your case even IRCC is helpless because they are waiting for your security check from Chinese agency. I think you can once try contacting Chinese council but i am afraid this is going to work either.
Did you talk to any Lawyer regarding your situation? I think a good Lawyer can help you out here.
council is not work, i tried to contact chinese council, but he said council is no right on immigration. so that my council refer me to MP.
lawyer? are you mean immigration consultant?

Suraj89

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16 02 2018
AOR Received.
16 02 2018
Med's Done....
10 02 2018
Passport Req..
28 03 2018
VISA ISSUED...
03 04 2018
council is not work, i tried to contact chinese council, but he said council is no right on immigration. so that my council refer me to MP.
lawyer? are you mean immigration consultant?
Not consultant i meant to say a Lawyer who can atleast send a notice to IRCC and ask them to provide you with the required info because i dont think that IRCC bothers to process SS candidates early so i think a good Lawyer can help you out with it.
May be he will file a case at Federal court on your behalf because IRCC is not paying attention to your querries as they should be. I can feel for you brother two years are hell of a waiting time.
This is all i think might work in your way but again if Chinese agencies are the reason for delay than you have to find someone in China who have strong contacts in Govt.

Apr 5, 2018
Not consultant i meant to say a Lawyer who can atleast send a notice to IRCC and ask them to provide you with the required info because i dont think that IRCC bothers to process SS candidates early so i think a good Lawyer can help you out with it.
May be he will file a case at Federal court on your behalf because IRCC is not paying attention to your querries as they should be. I can feel for you brother two years are hell of a waiting time.
This is all i think might work in your way but again if Chinese agencies are the reason for delay than you have to find someone in China who have strong contacts in Govt.
where can i find this kind of lawyer?