+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help to decide OINP or CEC or FSW

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Good Day,

I need help to decide wherthere I should go for OINP, CEC OR the Normal express entry FSW process.

Background:
I am 34 years old. Came to Canada last year to study for 1 year post graduate certificate program starting Sept. 2017. Program was completed in May 2018.
Foreign experience: I have 5.5 years experience in NOC C. 4 years in NOC B.
3 year Graduation from back home is WES evaluated in 2016.
Currently on Work Permit, Originally I got the work permit till April 2019 as my passport was expiring on that date. I renewed my passport and applied for PGWP extension (it was mentioned in PGWP that I can extend if passport is renewed) till Sept 2019.
IELTS general score:
Speaking: 7.5
Listening:8
Reading:6
Writing:7

I started working for a company through an agency in May 2018 (a week after graduation) in the same field as my experience and studies.
My duties were as per NOC B but the agency kept me on NOC C job title. Sept 2018, the company took me on their payroll and gave me NOC B job title (because I asked to). I asked them and they said they can give a letter the way I want.
FYI: It's a Canadian company owned and operated by Canadians

Option 1.
OINP: Employer Job offer : International student
My company satisfies all the requirements for this stream and is willing to provide the documents.
I have all the necessary requirements as well.

Do I wait for extended PGWP to come? I applied 3 weeks agoand the website shows current processing time as 80-89 days.
or start application process for OINP. Getting all the documents from home country will take a few weeks.
The advantage for me would be the 600 points and no need to give ielts again for the 8777 score.
The disadvantage is, I have read somewhere that I cannot leave ontario for a certain amount of time.
Cost $1500- $2000
Processing time: 2-3 months for OINP plus upto 6 months for express entry - total upto 8 months.

Option 2.
CEC (Canadian Experienced class)
I will unofficially complete 1 year in May 2018 (as company is willing to provide the necessary letters and documents). I am sure this will work somehow.
I will have to give IELTS again for the perfect score. Only then my CRS score goes beyond 440. (around 470)
Cost $490 +$325 (IELTS)
Processing time: upto 6 months (Average 4-5 months)

Option 3:
Express entry - Federal skilled worker
Currently due to less Ielts score I am getting less than 400 CRS score.
Even after getting perfect 8777 score I am not getting to the 440 point threshold.
Cost $490 +$325 (IELTS)+ prayers
Processing time: upto 6 months

Although I am available for both option 1 and 2 and it's not about the money , I am just not sure what to go for. On one hand I have CEC where I can switch companies and move to other states while waiting on a decision on the other hand I have OINP where papers will be easy to get but I would have to wait almost 1 year for PR plus spend another 1 year minimum in Ontario (unless I get a manger or higher position in another state).

Thank you for your responses.

Last edited: