+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help to apply visitor visa for kids

kaviraj251

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Hi Bryanna / Seniors,

Hope all is well

I have a question regarding children visitor visa.

I want to apply visitor visa for my kids who are 1.5 and 6 years old. Since we(parents) already have Canada TRV but not visited yet and we are planning to visit all together this summer.

Can you please guide me what documents do I need in order to apply for that ?

Where should I upload our travel history and Canada trv visa copy in the online application for kids since they have not any travel history.

What should I mention in the explanation letter as previously while applying our ( parents ) trv we had mentioned that kids were staying with grandparents.

Which is better way of applying online or paper application ?

Any suggestion/useful information is much appreciated

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I want to apply visitor visa for my kids who are 1.5 and 6 years old. Since we(parents) already have Canada TRV but not visited yet and we are planning to visit all together this summer.

Can you please guide me what documents do I need in order to apply for that ?
You would need to include the same/similar documents that you had submitted for your TRV applications i.e. proofs of financial resources to pay for a visit for yourselves and the kids + your strong ties to your home country + why you need to return home by a specific date, etc.

You can also include an authorization letter/consent letter signed by the other accompanying parent (who is not applying on behalf of the kids), just in case + copies of passports of both parents.

I'm assuming your older child has been accepted for school (Grade 1). You must include evidence of this (admission + tuition fee receipt + school brochure/website + a letter from the school stating s/he is a bona fide student and is allowed to travel from XX to XX dates if you plan to visit mid-term).

Where should I upload our travel history and Canada trv visa copy in the online application for kids since they have not any travel history.
Nothing to be uploaded for travel history as the kids have not traveled abroad. You can submit a cover letter that has your TRVs/UCI Numbers.

What should I mention in the explanation letter as previously while applying our ( parents ) trv we had mentioned that kids were staying with grandparents.
Travel plans can change. I would focus on proving that you/your spouse have very strong ties to your home country.

Which is better way of applying online or paper application ?
It's a matter of personal preference

kaviraj251

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
You would need to include the same/similar documents that you had submitted for your TRV applications i.e. proofs of financial resources to pay for a visit for yourselves and the kids + your strong ties to your home country + why you need to return home by a specific date, etc.

You can also include an authorization letter/consent letter signed by the other accompanying parent (who is not applying on behalf of the kids), just in case + copies of passports of both parents.

I'm assuming your older child has been accepted for school (Grade 1). You must include evidence of this (admission + tuition fee receipt + school brochure/website + a letter from the school stating s/he is a bona fide student and is allowed to travel from XX to XX dates if you plan to visit mid-term).

Nothing to be uploaded for travel history as the kids have not traveled abroad. You can submit a cover letter that has your TRVs/UCI Numbers.

Travel plans can change. I would focus on proving that you/your spouse have very strong ties to your home country.

thanks for the confirmation

kaviraj251

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017

I am applying online for both the kids . So kindly confirm if I created 2 different online accounts or apply in single account for both the kids ?

kaviraj251

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Both accounts are good to use.

Yes, you can
I am applying for children trv online.
What should I upload in column in a folder asks for "Proof of Relationship" to the host or family since we have attached invitation from my wife's cousin brother and we have no proof of relationship with him ?
Can I upload my children's birth certificate to establish relationship with me ?