+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help to add spouse in cec file!

BRDesai

Aug 8, 2013
Hi all,
Can you please give me some Idea about how to add spouse in my cec file?
I have applied under CEC in June, 2013 and I got my AOR. After that I got married, so I need to add my spouse file with my file. What should I do? As my spouse is in back home. Also I need to sponsor him. What is the best way to call him here on Visit or sponsor ship?

Thanks

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
Email OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca after your marriage. They'll provide the list of documents required for adding your spouse.

This is the reply I got. Do not rely on below instructions as this can change any time. Always email Ottawa and get the list of documents required.

your spouse is not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, he/she must submit the following documents whether he/she will accompany you to Canada or not:

· Copy of the bio-data his/her pages of current valid passport

Completed application forms (enclosed):
· IMM 0008 Generic – All pages must be completed and page 5 signed by the principal applicant; pages 3-5 must show details of the newly added spouse, common-law or conjugal partner and all dependent children of principal applicant or spouse/partner.

· IMM 5669 Schedule A - to be completed by spouse, common-law or conjugal partner and all dependant children over age 18.

· IMM 5406 - to be completed by spouse, common-law or conjugal partner

· IMM 5409 - Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union if applicable

· Four CIC standard size photos (refer to following link: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp#appendixA)

· Copy of your marriage certificate if applicable

· Copy of his/ her birth certificate (legible)

· Police certificates from any country where he/she has resided for six months or more since age 18 (Refer to the CIC website

www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp
· Copy of divorce certificates/from any previous marriage(s)

o (If minor children are involved, custody documents must be included)

You must send these documents in hard copy (not via email) to the following address:
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

Canada

On receipt of these documents, your spouse will be added to your application as a non-accompanying dependant, and medical forms and instructions will be sent to you, in due course.

If your spouse intends to accompany you to Canada, you must pay the processing fee of 550.00 CAD for your spouse’s application.

This payment must be made online. Please consult the following link for complete instructions: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

Once this office receives your payment for the processing fees, your spouse’s application status will be changed to an accompanying dependant.

Please also note that before a Permanent Resident Visa can be issued, every applicant and his/her spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who meets the admission requirements for permanent residence in Canada is required to pay a Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF) in the amount of CAD 490.00.

CPP-Ottawa will request this fee at the appropriate stage in the processing of your application.

BRDesai said:
Hi all,
Can you please give me some Idea about how to add spouse in my cec file?
I have applied under CEC in June, 2013 and I got my AOR. After that I got married, so I need to add my spouse file with my file. What should I do? As my spouse is in back home. Also I need to sponsor him. What is the best way to call him here on Visit or sponsor ship?

Thanks

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
Can we send the processing fees draft to the below address
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1