+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help, Study Permit Extension Got Refused Incorrectly

moneykicks007

Aug 28, 2019
Here is what happened, I applied for study permit extension on July 18 2019 and after a year of waiting on 30 July 2020 they asked for more documents like my current transcripts, bank statements, fee receipts etc.
They gave me 13 Aug 2020 as due date to submit to submit all the documents, I asked them for more time to gather all the documents. On 1 Oct 2020 I got email saying that they gave me 7 days extension under "Procedural Fairness"
I submitted all the docs on OCT 2 2020 via web forum, Last week on 14 OCT 2020 I got refusal letter via email and officer gave the reason for rejection that "He didn't get the documents" that I sent out.
On 15 OCT, I get an email from web forum saying that they can't add the documents that I sent out in my file as officer already made the decision.
Now Idk why it's my fault that officer they didn't get the docs that i submitted before the due date.

I need advice if same thing happened to anyone else, what are my options now ?? Re-apply ?

Thanks!

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Here is what happened, I applied for study permit extension on July 18 2019 and after a year of waiting on 30 July 2020 they asked for more documents like my current transcripts, bank statements, fee receipts etc.
They gave me 13 Aug 2020 as due date to submit to submit all the documents, I asked them for more time to gather all the documents. On 1 Oct 2020 I got email saying that they gave me 7 days extension under "Procedural Fairness"
I submitted all the docs on OCT 2 2020 via web forum, Last week on 14 OCT 2020 I got refusal letter via email and officer gave the reason for rejection that "He didn't get the documents" that I sent out.
On 15 OCT, I get an email from web forum saying that they can't add the documents that I sent out in my file as officer already made the decision.
Now Idk why it's my fault that officer they didn't get the docs that i submitted before the due date.

I need advice if same thing happened to anyone else, what are my options now ?? Re-apply ?

Thanks!
Unless you have another permit or something, it looks like you're out of status in Canada and therefore you need to be leave Canada. If you want to restore your status as a visitor and then reapply as student from Canada, you might want to check with an immigration lawyer first to see what are your chances.

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017

Thanks!
If you are still inside Canada , you do have the option of restoring your status and permit by paying an additional restoration fees, it can be done online through the portal. Just make sure you submit all the required docs properly and give a letter of explanation justifying your situation. It should done within 90 days after your student permit expired.