ikoniki

Jan 24, 2013
Bangalore India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enfield said:
Hi,

1. For MBA you complete more than enough 'credit hours' which makes you eligible for a 3 years PGWP. It does not matter if it's a 15 months or 24 months course. However, you can't say the same thing for a simple 2 year Diploma which lack enough credit hours for a 3 year PGWP.
Hi Enfield..Thanks for the information. Just to be on safe side..How many credit hours do we need? I tried finding out on UNBSJ website..but I did not find any details of number of credits.

Please advise.

May 31, 2018
Hi Enfield..Thanks for the information. Just to be on safe side..How many credit hours do we need? I tried finding out on UNBSJ website..but I did not find any details of number of credits.

Please advise.

Hi Ikoniki,

Update me what option did you choose? finally did you get PGWP for 3 years for 1 year mba program?

May 31, 2018
I spoke to UNB SJ campus contact..She says they have the International Business which is about 15 months. She says this course will be eligible for 3 years PGWP.

Below is the e-mail from her "The IB specialization is classroom based from Oct 2013 – July 2014, and then students head off to their study abroad schools – the links to your options are below

- From September 2014 – December 2014 – Study Abroad – classroom based, some cultural learning as well

- January 2015 – May 2015 – Internship or seeking full time employment

- May 2015 – Degree officially conferred. "

Please confirm if this is correct.

They infact say that the University last year has requested 3 yr PGWP for 1 year MBA students as well and CIC granted them 3 yrs PGWP..Not sure how far this is correct. PLease share your valubale thoughts.

Thanks for your help.
Hi,
Hope you already passed out MBA from UNB - Saint john. Can you please share your insight about validity of PGWP? 1 year or 3 years?

kunubal

Jul 15, 2018
My Canada Education Consultant says this 1 yr MBA program from UNB, Saint John is actually of 15 months and Students gets PGWP of 3 years... Can someone please confirm about the duration of PGWP?

I would look ahead to apply soon, appreciate if someone would respond ASAP.

Reactions: Obaid Haideri

Obaid Haideri

Jul 30, 2018
My Canada Education Consultant says this 1 yr MBA program from UNB, Saint John is actually of 15 months and Students gets PGWP of 3 years... Can someone please confirm about the duration of PGWP?

I would look ahead to apply soon, appreciate if someone would respond ASAP.
Hey, I'm looking for the answer for the same. Researched a lot, still didn't get a concrete answer to this. Trying to get in contact with some alumni. Hopefully we get to know soon.

Reactions: kunubal

kunubal

Jul 15, 2018
Hey, I'm looking for the answer for the same. Researched a lot, still didn't get a concrete answer to this. Trying to get in contact with some alumni. Hopefully we get to know soon.
I don't know if anybody will respond here, but please let me know if you get any information from Alumni's.

Obaid Haideri

Jul 30, 2018
I don't know if anybody will respond here, but please let me know if you get any information from Alumni's.
Well I had mailed the university officials and got a reply from them stating that, "Some students have gotten a 1 year permit, others 2 and others 3. There is no consistency, hence I cannot predict what will happen to your application whenever you are able to submit it.
It surprises students when I tell them this, and I can understand this – it is also very frustrating for me."

kunubal

Jul 15, 2018
Well I had mailed the university officials and got a reply from them stating that, "Some students have gotten a 1 year permit, others 2 and others 3. There is no consistency, hence I cannot predict what will happen to your application whenever you are able to submit it.
It surprises students when I tell them this, and I can understand this – it is also very frustrating for me."
Oh! I got it, I'm glad that they responded you back, I mailed them yesterday but they haven't responded yet.
So, If this is the case with PGWP then maybe 1 yr MBA from UNB would not be good option for me.

Obaid Haideri

Jul 30, 2018
Oh! I got it, I'm glad that they responded you back, I mailed them yesterday but they haven't responded yet.
So, If this is the case with PGWP then maybe 1 yr MBA from UNB would not be good option for me.
Well, I got another correspondence now, stating that the MBA is equivalent to a 2 years course.

Do let me know what is the response you get as well. Thanks!

Reactions: kunubal
Jul 31, 2018
Hi guys, how are you all. I am new to this forum as a logged in member. Though I was regularly reading the posts, but today only I logged in. I have a question, hoping to get some reply.

My wife has 12 years gap after graduation (degree), if she does PG from IGNOU (open univ), will this be considered as no gap..??

kunubal

Jul 15, 2018
Well, I got another correspondence now, stating that the MBA is equivalent to a 2 years course.

Do let me know what is the response you get as well. Thanks!
I got the reply from UNB SJ: "With regards to the PWGP, it’s not up to UNB, but solely the decision of the immigration agent who processes your application. The general rule is that you are eligible to get a PGWP for the length of time that you studied in Canada – so the length of the MBA program.

However, I have seen students receive anything between 1 – 3 years on application with identical information after completion of the 1-year MBA, so I simply can’t predict what will happen to your application."

So, now I think MBA (one yr) from UNB SJ would not be the right option for me.