+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help regarding OWp and TRV

jummakhn

May 29, 2019
Hi
I was student of university of Regina, in masters program, I was in Canada for 1.5 months, but unfortunately I had to come back to my country without completing any semester due to my children was sick, it was September 2019 and now thinking to join university in 2020 September, now I m in my country and thinking about to apply for my family owp and trv, is there any chances to get visa for them?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
I was student of university of Regina, in masters program, I was in Canada for 1.5 months, but unfortunately I had to come back to my country without completing any semester due to my children was sick, it was September 2019 and now thinking to join university in 2020 September, now I m in my country and thinking about to apply for my family owp and trv, is there any chances to get visa for them?
You're in a tricky situation.

Since you dropped out of school without completing your program, it's possible your study permit has been canceled. Schools are supposed to report students to IRCC when they stop attending school and IRCC will often cancel the study permit as a result. You may have to apply for a new study permit.

Right now no school is open (everything is online) due to COVID-19. I would wait until you know how long this situation is going to last and if it is going to be resolved by September. Right now, you might be able to come to Canada with a valid study permit - but it's quite possible the rest of your family might not be able to travel with you due to travel restrictions. I would wait 1-2 months to see where things are before applying for anything.

To answer your last question, it's difficult to say how easy or difficult it will be to get the SOWP and TRV approved. To be approved, your spouse will need to show very strong ties to your home country. It's possible the fact you did not complete your studies may work against you in getting these visas approved. Or it may not. Hard to tell.

jummakhn

May 29, 2019
Bro already I have contacted with university they told me I can come as my offer letter is valid upto September 2020 as well as my study permit and visa is valid upto 2021 nov, I also contacted with boarder officer over telephone they told me if my visa and study permit is valid than I can come within this time period, I think there is no issue regarding entrance.i think study permit is not cancelled yet, Ncl university told me I can come,, waiting for your response

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Bro already I have contacted with university they told me I can come as my offer letter is valid upto September 2020 as well as my study permit and visa is valid upto 2021 nov, I also contacted with boarder officer over telephone they told me if my visa and study permit is valid than I can come within this time period, I think there is no issue regarding entrance.i think study permit is not cancelled yet, Ncl university told me I can come,, waiting for your response
The school will not know if your visa is still valid or not. Only IRCC can tell you that. If you contacted border officials and they checked that your visa is still valid, then it sounds like you are good to go.

As said, for your spouse's OWP to be approved, your spouse will need to show strong ties to their home country (e.g. job, property, assets) to show they have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. You will also want to show that you have additional funds available to be able to support your spouse and child in Canada. Your spouse can certainly try applying for the SOWP now and you can also submit a TRV application for your child.

Right now there is a travel ban in place until the end of June. You would still be able to travel to Canada under the travel ban. Also, your spouse would still be able to travel with an approved SOWP - however your child would not be able to travel with a TRV due to the travel ban. Hopefully the travel ban will not be extended - but we don't know this yet.

jummakhn

May 29, 2019
Bro could I check My study permit by my self in Gckey ? I have seen in gckey it’s written valid.. thanking you

jummakhn

May 29, 2019
but i herad if any studnet dropped out for 150 days he would not able to get pgwp...bro if i complete now my course will it create problem to get pgwp?