+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help regarding category

coolguy001

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
I am Indian citizen.Working as Software Engineer.I need some help regarding canada immigration .I have heard that to apply for immigration there are 2 categories available,GENERAL and SPECIAL.I want to know what is included in special category.In special category,it is according to qualifications/work profile or according to medically e.g physical disability category.I shall be very thankful to someone who help.

Regards,
varun

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To my knowledge there are no categories general and special. You can look at the immigration website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

You can apply as a skilled worker, the rules are currently changing and the processing times is supposed to get faster. It has been taking up to 6-7 years to do this application from India, faster in some other countries but with the new rules should be faster if you qualify. Gives you permanent residency right away.

Another way is to find a job and get in on a temporary work permit and apply for permanent residency later.

CV User

Oct 27, 2008
coolguy001 said:
I am Indian citizen.Working as Software Engineer.I need some help regarding canada immigration .I have heard that to apply for immigration there are 2 categories available,GENERAL and SPECIAL.I want to know what is included in special category.In special category,it is according to qualifications/work profile or according to medically e.g physical disability category.I shall be very thankful to someone who help.

Regards,
varun
Also try for H1B for USA.

coolguy001

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
Leon said:
To my knowledge there are no categories general and special. You can look at the immigration website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

You can apply as a skilled worker, the rules are currently changing and the processing times is supposed to get faster. It has been taking up to 6-7 years to do this application from India, faster in some other countries but with the new rules should be faster if you qualify. Gives you permanent residency right away.

Another way is to find a job and get in on a temporary work permit and apply for permanent residency later.
I had sent my CV to many employeers through this site job search tool and others also, but didnot got any response from any employeer.How could i get job in canada.I came to know that Information Technology sector professional need not require hrsdc approval.Is it true? Can somebody help regarding work permit.

Regards,
Varun