Passport Req..
24/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/05/2014
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi ,

I am a CEC applicant and got my AOR .

Currently I am on closed WP which is expiring on 15th August . My company is not supporting open WP and they want me to go for closed WP which will be done through company's lawyer . Currently LMO has been applied last week .

My question is - if I apply for BOWP myself sometimes in next week , what happens to the LMO application and what will be the impact on closed WP extension since I cannot leave the company as well .

In case BOWP is approved and closed WP is applied , will the closed WP cancel BOWP or anything else happens.

Help is greatly appreciated .

karanJ

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/05/2014
LANDED..........
waiting
Please help as this is very critical.

cecnov2012

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Nov-2012
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with appln
Med's Request
09-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
15-Oct-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
30-Jan-2014
karanJ said:
Hi ,

Currently I am on closed WP which is expiring on 15th August . My company is not supporting open WP and they want me to go for closed WP which will be done through company's lawyer . Currently LMO has been applied last week .

My question is - if I apply for BOWP myself sometimes in next week , what happens to the LMO application and what will be the impact on closed WP extension since I cannot leave the company as well .

In case BOWP is approved and closed WP is applied , will the closed WP cancel BOWP or anything else happens.

I remember reading somewhere in the forum that if you are applying for both you are likely to get the closed work permit but not quite sure. It is better you call CIC and ask about this. I would suggest you to apply for BOWP asap and delay giving filled in application for closed permit to your company if you have not already given it to them. It is 17th today and by the processing times mentioned in CIC website you should get your BOWP by mid august.

Btw I am wondering why you waited so long to apply for BOWP if your current permit expires next month. You should have applied long back man as you were eligible.

canadacec2012

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karanJ said:
Hi ,

Hi, This topic has been discussed in forum, pls refer below link for more deatils

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t150996.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t139027.0.html

Tips for BOWP

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t147650.0.html

sara007

Jan 4, 2013
Why are you messing up with your WP extensions.

Why do you need to apply for BOWP, if your company is applying for closed one? You shoud have tried avoiding to apply both WP at same time.

karanJ said:
Hi ,