+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help reg. PCC request deadline extension

RV_13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Hi Friends!

I need a suggestion from the experts..I applied for my US PCC and as per courier delivery, it reached them 6 weeks back..However, the FBI site shows the current processing time of 13-15 weeks addition to the delivery time which can be close to Feb end then. I even called them up and they say they are now processing Sept mid batches.
Now my issue is that the CIC request deadline for the PCC is 24th Jan.
I am currently in the States only and at the time of application/ITA I didnt complete 6 months and hence didnt apply for the PCC. CIC requested it at the end after the RFPF payment which I didnt expect at all.

Please suggest what should be done in this case. Should I wait till mid-Jan and then request an extension? What should be the base documents for that request and if CIC entertains such?

Appreciate any help!

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
RV_13 said:
Hi Friends!

I need a suggestion from the experts..I applied for my US PCC and as per courier delivery, it reached them 6 weeks back..However, the FBI site shows the current processing time of 13-15 weeks addition to the delivery time which can be close to Feb end then. I even called them up and they say they are now processing Sept mid batches.
Now my issue is that the CIC request deadline for the PCC is 24th Jan.
I am currently in the States only and at the time of application/ITA I didnt complete 6 months and hence didnt apply for the PCC. CIC requested it at the end after the RFPF payment which I didnt expect at all.

Please suggest what should be done in this case. Should I wait till mid-Jan and then request an extension? What should be the base documents for that request and if CIC entertains such?

Appreciate any help!
Many are facing similar problems with FBI PCC. Yours is a bit different than in my case. I'm waiting for the FBI report in order to submit by PR app. But I suspect the solution would be the same in your case too.

Here's what I would do in your place. I would send a brief LOE explaining the timeline issue, attach proof of courier delivery, and attach screenshot of the FBI site showing current processing times. If you don't have the FBI report by 24th Jan, then there's not much you can do. It's FBI's timeline that's to blame. Not you. As long you show CIC that you sent the request in a timely manner, they can't also do much besides extend the deadline.

Best wishes to you.

RV_13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
MooseNBooze said:
Many are facing similar problems with FBI PCC. Yours is a bit different than in my case. I'm waiting for the FBI report in order to submit by PR app. But I suspect the solution would be the same in your case too.

Here's what I would do in your place. I would send a brief LOE explaining the timeline issue, attach proof of courier delivery, and attach screenshot of the FBI site showing current processing times. If you don't have the FBI report by 24th Jan, then there's not much you can do. It's FBI's timeline that's to blame. Not you. As long you show CIC that you sent the request in a timely manner, they can't also do much besides extend the deadline.

Best wishes to you.
Thanks!

Just replied to another of your post! :)

Yes..not much option than waiting I think..any idea when should I intimate CIC about this? Close to the deadline date or sooner than that? When you are saying LOE & other supporting documents, should that be sent as a CSE or uploaded in MYCIC where they asked for FBI PCC upload?

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
RV_13 said:
Thanks!

Just replied to another of your post! :)

Yes..not much option than waiting I think..any idea when should I intimate CIC about this? Close to the deadline date or sooner than that? When you are saying LOE & other supporting documents, should that be sent as a CSE or uploaded in MYCIC where they asked for FBI PCC upload?
I would say wait a week before your deadline but not more. As to the logistics of sending the LOE and documents, I can't say because I have yet to reach that stage. I'm still on the ITA stage, with everything ready but for the FBI PCC. I'm planning to submit a week before my 60 days are up. Let us know in the other thread once you get your FBI report. Good luck.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....