+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help! PR is in process and WP expiring Dec'10

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,
I need your help as I am in a clue-less situation right now. I will explian why!

I am in Canada from June'2008 on a WorkPermit (WP) which is expiring in Dec'2010. My wife also has an open workpermit which is also getting expired by Dec'10.
She got a full-time job in an IT company here in Canada and she is going to join next week. The employer which she is going to join doesnt have enough idea about LMO process. Typically they dont do that.
So, before choosing my wife for this job they confirmed with my wife that she has work permit till this year end and by that time they expected PR will come.

Now, the tricky part
I applied for my PR in Dec'09 under FSW 3 which is in the initial stages at CIO,NS and am waiting for my first AOR.
once i get my AOR, i have to send my full app to Buffalo where it is taking almost an year to get processed. So, I know PR is not going to come before year end as the employer is expecting to be.

my question is: how can my wife get her work permit with out employer processing LMO, is there a way for this?
She has the offer letter and agreement from the employer, in two weeks she will get her pay stub too.

Please help.

Thanks,
Bala

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

balu0427 said:
Hi there,
I need your help as I am in a clue-less situation right now. I will explian why!

I am in Canada from June'2008 on a WorkPermit (WP) which is expiring in Dec'2010. My wife also has an open workpermit which is also getting expired by Dec'10.
She got a full-time job in an IT company here in Canada and she is going to join next week. The employer which she is going to join doesnt have enough idea about LMO process. Typically they dont do that.
So, before choosing my wife for this job they confirmed with my wife that she has work permit till this year end and by that time they expected PR will come.

Now, the tricky part
I applied for my PR in Dec'09 under FSW 3 which is in the initial stages at CIO,NS and am waiting for my first AOR.
once i get my AOR, i have to send my full app to Buffalo where it is taking almost an year to get processed. So, I know PR is not going to come before year end as the employer is expecting to be.

my question is: how can my wife get her work permit with out employer processing LMO, is there a way for this?
She has the offer letter and agreement from the employer, in two weeks she will get her pay stub too.

Please help.

Thanks,
Bala
Only if you extend your work permit can she extend hers.

PMM

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@pmm
so if i extend my WP for another 6months and in meanwhile if i have to go back to India, can my wife stay here and work?
or she has to come with me even before the validity of the WP.

and one more question, is there any way to send an application to Immigration Canada requesting for WP as she has the full time job here without depending on me.

thanks in advance.