+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<NEED HELP!> Post ITA Express Entry: Job Offer for Express Entry versus BC PNP

babybara_2710

Mar 25, 2023
<Cross post from Express Entry forum>
Hi everyone,

Background: I am a PGWP holder, currently working for over a year. I just got an ITA from the latest EE draw. My EE profile previously got added 600 points because I got the BC Nomination as well. While applying for BC PNP I did upload my job offer and other related information and got approved, because the job offer doesn’t need a LMIA to be valid for the BC PNP program.

When I created the EE profile, I answered “Yes” to the question “Does X have a valid job offer?”, and I didn’t claim any points for job offer because mine isn’t backed by a LMIA. After getting the ITA I found out that a valid job offer needs a LMIA for Express Entry, so technically I should have answered No to the question in my Express Entry application even though I used my job offer to claim points for my BC nomination.

My question is, if I answered “No” this time post-ITA and wrote a letter of explanation to the officer to explain that I had made a mistake regarding the job offer question, would that be fine? I worry that the officer might see that I have uploaded my job offer in the BC PNP application but did not do so in the Express Entry application, and ruled that I have made a misrepresentation for my PR candidacy.

If possible, could anyone that went the same situation give me some guidance regarding this? Thank you so much in advance!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
<Cross post from Express Entry forum>
Hi everyone,

Background: I am a PGWP holder, currently working for over a year. I just got an ITA from the latest EE draw. My EE profile previously got added 600 points because I got the BC Nomination as well. While applying for BC PNP I did upload my job offer and other related information and got approved, because the job offer doesn’t need a LMIA to be valid for the BC PNP program.

When I created the EE profile, I answered “Yes” to the question “Does X have a valid job offer?”, and I didn’t claim any points for job offer because mine isn’t backed by a LMIA. After getting the ITA I found out that a valid job offer needs a LMIA for Express Entry, so technically I should have answered No to the question in my Express Entry application even though I used my job offer to claim points for my BC nomination.

My question is, if I answered “No” this time post-ITA and wrote a letter of explanation to the officer to explain that I had made a mistake regarding the job offer question, would that be fine? I worry that the officer might see that I have uploaded my job offer in the BC PNP application but did not do so in the Express Entry application, and ruled that I have made a misrepresentation for my PR candidacy.

If possible, could anyone that went the same situation give me some guidance regarding this? Thank you so much in advance!
You can change that question to No while filling application . There will be no impact on your application as your points are higher enough to meet requirements of draw. For safer side you can change that question and then add letter of explanation in optional document section if you need .