+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help pls i dont understand

jordan2110

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Hello i am sponsoring my wife and I sent papers Feb 23rd and i just received an email May 25th saying they received my package Feb 24th. Why did they just give me an email saying they received? Why was I not approved right away? I feel I'm the only Feb applicant that received email just saying they got package. Everyone else been approved. They gave me uic number but it doesn't work and my reciept number doesn't work. What's going on. Pls help thank you

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Lots of February people have not been approved. The email you got is an AOR. few people get them - you are lucky. AOR means acknowledgment of receipt. I got one. Approval followed in 7 days. Keep logging in with your UCI. When you see decision made, call them and they'll tell you over the phone that you've been approved.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent mine feb first. They received feb 2 and I still have no confirmation email

jordan2110

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Why do some get AOR and other just get approved right away. Does that mean there is something wrong with my application and they need to review it ? I'm sure i did everything correct I even got an immigration lawyer to go over my application to make sure it correct. What could I have done wrong. thank you for fast replies

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
If there was an issue with your application, it would have gotten sent back to you. I think they just randomly send out AOR's once in a blue moon. Not totally sure. But I KNOW if there was an issue, it would have been sent right back to you. I applied in March and have not gotten anything at all. Nothing with immigration is "right away".

jordan2110

Star Member
May 26, 2012
From my understanding they just started looking at my application so there is still a chance for them to return. What is the approval rate with sponsorship applications. The only way I see us failing is if we missed something. Also my wife doesn't have a proper job in Ukraine. Like most ukrainians she is paid under the table from her boss. So we had to write she unemployed. I hope her being unemployed doesn't fail her application

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
jordan2110 said:
From my understanding they just started looking at my application so there is still a chance for them to return. What is the approval rate with sponsorship applications. The only way I see us failing is if we missed something. Also my wife doesn't have a proper job in Ukraine. Like most ukrainians she is paid under the table from her boss. So we had to write she unemployed. I hope her being unemployed doesn't fail her application
It's rare for the sponsor to be rejected. I honestly don't think her being unemployed will affect it that much. Did you mention how she supports herself even if she is unemployed?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
jordan2110 said:
Why do some get AOR and other just get approved right away. Does that mean there is something wrong with my application and they need to review it ? I'm sure i did everything correct I even got an immigration lawyer to go over my application to make sure it correct. What could I have done wrong. thank you for fast replies
Everyone is supposed to get an AOR. it's a good thing. Be happy. Nothing is wrong.

jordan2110

Star Member
May 26, 2012
parker24 said:
It's rare for the sponsor to be rejected. I honestly don't think her being unemployed will affect it that much. Did you mention how she supports herself even if she is unemployed?
We wrote she lives with sister and i help my wife pay for rent. We been together 4 years and married for 1 year of that. We both 26 and she has doctoral in electrical engineering. She is everything the stupid Canada commercial says they are looking for in immigrants. So I hope she is approved. I, like everyone else on this forum is tired of waiting and bring apart from loved ones

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
I thought I was everyhing Canada wants but I have been waiting since 2006 (2001 if yo ucount the first time I sent to an embassy)
relax things are going to be in your favor, also you're from the Ukraine, Ukraine is not a game, Ukraine is strong.

jordan2110

Star Member
May 26, 2012
ihabkal said:
I thought I was everyhing Canada wants but I have been waiting since 2006 (2001 if yo ucount the first time I sent to an embassy)
relax things are going to be in your favor, also you're from the Ukraine, Ukraine is not a game, Ukraine is strong.
I am Canadian born in Edmonton. Are being sponsored or just try to immigrat

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
I'm a special case, my application was pending since 2006 in Damascus, self employed. I cancelled it a few days ago.