+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help please .

One_love

Oct 15, 2017
On the citizenship application they ask to proof i speak English or French. Am English ,am from an english speaking country. Isnt that enough ? I don't have any other supporting documents to prove i speak perfect English.

Reactions: scorph

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Can you get a transcript from any school you attended? That would suffice. I graduated in 1984 and was easily able to get a transcript in short order from my high school.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On the citizenship application they ask to proof i speak English or French. Am English ,am from an english speaking country. Isnt that enough ? I don't have any other supporting documents to prove i speak perfect English.
Unfortunately that is not enough. You have to submit proof that you have adequate knowledge of English or French, even if it is your first language.

Did you attend secondary or post secondary education in English in your country? If yes the your school diplomas would be proof.

One_love

Oct 15, 2017
Unfortunately that is not enough. You have to submit proof that you have adequate knowledge of English or French, even if it is your first language.

Did you attend secondary or post secondary education in English in your country? If yes the your school diplomas would be proof.
Ok th
I meant secondary or post-secondary. My high school transcripts were enough.
ok thanks i will look into it. Another Question is on the application form . Do i need to send a copy of my time here? Do i need to use their system to calculate and print it off to send it ?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Ok th

ok thanks i will look into it. Another Question is on the application form . Do i need to send a copy of my time here? Do i need to use their system to calculate and print it off to send it ?
Well, it's on the checklist...

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Well that’s not enough. Even British or US citizens, are required to produce proof of their English proficiency.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Ok th

If you're referring to the Physical Presence Calculator, then yes, you fill it out and send it with your application.

One_love

Oct 15, 2017
The application would be returned.
If you have no proof, you can take the CELPIP. Google it.
Ok thanks. I jus need 1 more assurance that i can now apply for citizenship please. Like said before i came here as a refugee in 2010 of september and in april of 2014 i got accepted as a protected person. Got pr in march 2016.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Ok thanks. I jus need 1 more assurance that i can now apply for citizenship please. Like said before i came here as a refugee in 2010 of september and in april of 2014 i got accepted as a protected person. Got pr in march 2016.
Here is a rough estimate based on the basic outline you gave, but note that it is your application, so you must make sure the information you provide is complete and accurate. You should fill out the physical presence calculator, which will let you see the exact number of days you can count. If you are over 1095 days (I would recommend to have some margin, i.e. to wait at least a few weeks until after you reach 1095) you meet the physical residence requirement to apply for citizenship.

(If you really cannot manage the online physical presence calculator consider using the paper calculator (which may be complex in its own way, as you would need to calculate all dates accurately by hand; using a date duration calculator site can help a little), or getting help from a trustworthy friend or family member. Another alternative is to hire an immigration/citizenship consultant to assist you. Note that even if you get help you remain responsible for the information you send to IRCC.)

Anyway. Your time as a refugee does not count. April 2014 to March 2016 is about 2 years, minus a month. So that's roughly 700 days, but they only count half. So that's 350 days. From March 2016 to now is about 2 years, so that's 730 days. Total: about 1080 days. That is less than the number of days you need, and assumes you have not left the country at all. You need to wait at least a few weeks.

One_love

Oct 15, 2017
Here is a rough estimate based on the basic outline you gave, but note that it is your application, so you must make sure the information you provide is complete and accurate. You should fill out the physical presence calculator, which will let you see the exact number of days you can count. If you are over 1095 days (I would recommend to have some margin, i.e. to wait at least a few weeks until after you reach 1095) you meet the physical residence requirement to apply for citizenship.

(If you really cannot manage the online physical presence calculator consider using the paper calculator (which may be complex in its own way, as you would need to calculate all dates accurately by hand; using a date duration calculator site can help a little), or getting help from a trustworthy friend or family member. Another alternative is to hire an immigration/citizenship consultant to assist you. Note that even if you get help you remain responsible for the information you send to IRCC.)

Anyway. Your time as a refugee does not count. April 2014 to March 2016 is about 2 years, minus a month. So that's roughly 700 days, but they only count half. So that's 350 days. From March 2016 to now is about 2 years, so that's 730 days. Total: about 1080 days. That is less than the number of days you need, and assumes you have not left the country at all. You need to wait at least a few weeks.
Thats a lot of that clear explination. No i havent left the country since i arrive in 2010. So its safe to wait another month or so ?

Hiccup2020

Jan 10, 2018
I think you can have a sworn affadavit commissioned by a paralegal or lawyer or a notary public affirming that you fluently speak English and that English is your first language