+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help please, need as much information as possible.

CubanPete

Jun 25, 2010
I am begging you with everything i have to please respond to me, we need help with this --- I am an american and my girlfriend of three years is a canadian, we are very much in love and wish to live together. We are running into problem after problem as far as communication and being educated in working in canada and then immigrating is concerned. We need to be able to live together and be together. I need to be able to work and support her and us or a tleast help. I am not a skilled worker as far as being a doctor or something of this caliber is concerned. We need help, we need knowledge in everything and anything and the best way to go about being together and living together. Please please PLEASE respond if you have any knowledge on the topic. Thank you so very much.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CubanPete said:
I am begging you with everything i have to please respond to me, we need help with this --- I am an american and my girlfriend of three years is a canadian, we are very much in love and wish to live together. We are running into problem after problem as far as communication and being educated in working in canada and then immigrating is concerned. We need to be able to live together and be together. I need to be able to work and support her and us or a tleast help. I am not a skilled worker as far as being a doctor or something of this caliber is concerned. We need help, we need knowledge in everything and anything and the best way to go about being together and living together. Please please PLEASE respond if you have any knowledge on the topic. Thank you so very much.
1. Start at www.cic.gc.ca
2. If you don't qualify as a skilled worker on the list of "29" jobs http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp or have found an employer that is will to obtain a Labour Market Opinion that there are not Citizens or PRs available for the job, then there is probably only the family class.
3. Before she can sponsor you, you either have to marry or have lived in a common/law relationship for 1 year.
4. You basically still won't be able to work until you become a Permanent Resident, which will take 6-8 months once a sponsorship and application is submitted.