+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP PLEASE! Filling out IMM 0008 form - Dependent Section

Geminiking

Feb 22, 2012
Hi there,

I've been searching but i've seen alot confusing information and i just need some advise/info.

I'm being sponsored by my wife who currently resides in Canada - Protected Person.

She just received a packet from the CIC(Buffalo Office) which requested for me (her dependent) to fill out the IMM008 and IMM5669E forms. My main question is regarding the "Dependent" section on the IMM008 form.

Our daughter (US citizen) is currently living in Canada with my wife; do i still need to add her an "my" dependent on the IMM008 form?

Also, the dependent section asks for me to fill out info on my spouse but seeing that my spouse is the Sponsor and I already listed her as my spouse in the "personal detail" section I'd assume that i dont need to put her down as 'my" dependent because in actuality I am "her" dependent in this case, correct?

If anyone can just confirm this for me it would be greatly appreciated.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On what status is your daughter ( a US citizen ) staying in Canada with your wife?.
Did your wife moved a sponsorship application for her?.
If her sponsorship application is in process you don't need to show your daughter as your dependent in Form IMM 0008.

Your wife is also not your dependent in the form 0008.

You have to include both your wife and daughter in the additional family information form IMM 5406.

Form 5669E is your background declaration. Dependents are not included there too.