+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help! PCC from Canada

scorpiomailin

Dec 14, 2015
Hi all,

I have applied for my parents for immigration, and they have asked for "PCC from any country where your stay has been longer than 6 months". My parents have come in Canada on SuperVisa and have stayed longer than 6 months on couple of those occasions.
I am gotten mixed answer from anyone who I have talked, but here is the question:
1. Do I need Criminal Record Check from my parents from RCMP, for their stay in Canada?
I saw this link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4 which says, I do not need police certificate from Canada.
but then I have talked to someone who had to provide Criminal record check, after it was requested by IRCC.
I do not want to go through the hassle and delay 2 months (which is what the wait time it is right now from RCMP) if I do not have to. Also, someone mentioned, that IRCC specifically would ask me for RCMP Criminal Record Check and should not include at this time. My file is in New Delhi, if that matters.

2. Can I just send them the PCC from India, and then mention in a letter the link above and state, as per link, I am not providing the PCC from Canada?

3. Also, my Mother is still here in Canada with me, so travel history form, should I just state, the date she entered Canada to "Present" ? or do not mention anything about her last travel, because it has not completed yet (meaning she has not returned back just yet), because I do not have the option to add "present" as "To" field is Data field. I'll have to Print the form and write with hand, thoughts?

Last edited:

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Hi all,

I have applied for my parents for immigration, and they have asked for "PCC from any country where your stay has been longer than 6 months". My parents have come in Canada on SuperVisa and have stayed longer than 6 months on couple of those occasions.
I am gotten mixed answer from anyone who I have talked, but here is the question:
1. Do I need Criminal Record Check from my parents from RCMP, for their stay in Canada?
I saw this link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4 which says, I do not need police certificate from Canada.
but then I have talked to someone who had to provide Criminal record check, after it was requested by IRCC.
I do not want to go through the hassle and delay 2 months (which is what the wait time it is right now from RCMP) if I do not have to. Also, someone mentioned, that IRCC specifically would ask me for RCMP Criminal Record Check and should not include at this time. My file is in New Delhi, if that matters.

2. Can I just send them the PCC from India, and then mention in a letter the link above and state, as per link, I am not providing the PCC from Canada?

3. Also, my Mother is still here in Canada with me, so travel history form, should I just state, the date she entered Canada to "Present" ? or do not mention anything about her last travel, because it has not completed yet (meaning she has not returned back just yet), because I do not have the option to add "present" as "To" field is Data field. I'll have to Print the form and write with hand, thoughts?
Hello, I am in the same situation but the only difference is that my parents are currently in India. Could you please advise what process did you go through and if you submitted RCMP's pcc for your mom. Any kind of help will be appreciated.

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hello, I am in the same situation but the only difference is that my parents are currently in India. Could you please advise what process did you go through and if you submitted RCMP's pcc for your mom. Any kind of help will be appreciated.
Dont need to send PCC from RCMP.

auschase

May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sanj,

I'm on the same boat with you. My mom stayed in Canada for over 6 months and we received a letter from IRCC requesting for a police certificate for any country with a stay over 6 months. Wondering if you submitted RCMP PCC or just the Indian one? Thanks.

zearst123

Jul 29, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I have a similar issue. My parents stayed with me once over 6 months in Canada on their Visitor visa.

1. Now I got a request which is asking for PCC from India &
2. RCMP Criminal Record Check: If your residence period in Canada has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide a certified criminal record check.

I am struggling to understand whether they would be considered residents or not. If not there is 183 Days rule that I see as well.
So I would appreciate it if someone who has gone through this process can suggest if I need to get their PCC from RCMP

Thanks.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have a similar issue. My parents stayed with me once over 6 months in Canada on their Visitor visa.

2. RCMP Criminal Record Check: If your residence period in Canada has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide a certified criminal record check.

I am struggling to understand whether they would be considered residents or not. If not there is 183 Days rule that I see as well.
So I would appreciate it if someone who has gone through this process can suggest if I need to get their PCC from RCMP

Thanks.
I think the use of "residence period" means physically be in Canada. So if they stayed for more than 183 days, then they need to get their RCMP criminal record check. (IRCC usualy do not ask for RCMP check because they can usually do so with name and birthday but if they request it, then you need to obtain and submit it)

zearst123

Jul 29, 2013
I think the use of "residence period" means physically be in Canada. So if they stayed for more than 183 days, then they need to get their RCMP criminal record check. (IRCC usualy do not ask for RCMP check because they can usually do so with name and birthday but if they request it, then you need to obtain and submit it)
Thanks for the response. They are currently in india. How can I get RCMP check? Can I request it on their behalf?

Mar 27, 2022
Hi Everyone,

Thanks.
Hi,

Hope this finds you doing well. I came across your question in CanadaVisa forum and am in the same situation.

Can you please advise how you obtained RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check based on fingerprints in Kolkata as I am trying to get it done for my mother in Kolkata? Are there any reliable agencies that can do that OR we have to go a police stations for this and am note is a local thana can handle this type of request ?

Thanks,