+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help or insight with Canada student visa

dude4242

Oct 29, 2020
I have applied for a Canada student visa for September 2020 intake but unfortunately got refused after a very long wait for the decision. The reasons of refusal were:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

I am planning to apply again within the coming week. The reason of applying very late is due to waiting for the GCMS notes, which did not state that much regarding my application other than the obvious. A visa consultant agreed to write an SOP for me, provided that I present all the documents and he/she would not advise me regarding anything.

A little background about me:
I am born and raised in the UAE but do not hold the UAE citizenship
I have completed A-Level with decent grades
I have completed my first year of BSc Computer Science in UAE with excellent grades
Applied for a transfer at a university in Canada that has a overall good rating and got accepted for BSc Computer Science
I have an overall score of 7 in IELTS

My father is a partner at a company in UAE and owns a land in my home country (I did not include these information)
The person that is going to sponsor is my mother, that holds a good amount in her bank account and also has an employment letter. This two was used as proof of funds.
I stated and argued in my first application's SOP that I will be returning to the UAE upon the completion of my studies. After talking to a few consultants they said that this is a huge mistake, since in GCC countries no such thing as PR exists and only citizens are able to stay without visas, therefore the officer would be questioning what if UAE does not renew your visa, then what?
I am aware of this fact by applying from home country is impossible and is not going to happen in the near future due to a couple of issue that I can not state.

I know someone who was exactly in the same case as mine and got approved on the third try. He/she said that they included half of what they are in UAE and half of what they own in their home country, for example: father partnership in UAE and father real estate documents in home country.

What would you guys advise? Should I include my fathers partnership and home country land ownership proof in my second application, I have not included this in my first application due to people saying that I should always stick to one sponsor which is my mother and again she will be in the second application. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Thanks a lot in advance

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
I have applied for a Canada student visa for September 2020 intake but unfortunately got refused after a very long wait for the decision. The reasons of refusal were:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

I am planning to apply again within the coming week. The reason of applying very late is due to waiting for the GCMS notes, which did not state that much regarding my application other than the obvious. A visa consultant agreed to write an SOP for me, provided that I present all the documents and he/she would not advise me regarding anything.

I have completed my first year of BSc Computer Science in UAE with excellent grades
Applied for a transfer at a university in Canada that has a overall good rating and got accepted for BSc Computer Science

My father is a partner at a company in UAE and owns a land in my home country (I did not include these information)
The person that is going to sponsor is my mother, that holds a good amount in her bank account and also has an employment letter. This two was used as proof of funds.
I stated and argued in my first application's SOP that I will be returning to the UAE upon the completion of my studies. After talking to a few consultants they said that this is a huge mistake, since in GCC countries no such thing as PR exists and only citizens are able to stay without visas, therefore the officer would be questioning what if UAE does not renew your visa, then what?
I am aware of this fact by applying from home country is impossible and is not going to happen in the near future due to a couple of issue that I can not state.

I know someone who was exactly in the same case as mine and got approved on the third try. He/she said that they included half of what they are in UAE and half of what they own in their home country, for example: father partnership in UAE and father real estate documents in home country.

What would you guys advise? Should I include my fathers partnership and home country land ownership proof in my second application, I have not included this in my first application due to people saying that I should always stick to one sponsor which is my mother and again she will be in the second application. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Thanks a lot in advance
Include everything that you as a family own in terms of assets and liquid funds, in the UAE and in your home country. It doesn't seem to matter if it's your mom or dad that will be paying for you. Give the VO the ability to see your application as a story about you but don't make everything complicated and hard to navigate. Write an SOP about why you chose your uni, why the major, what your mid term plans are and what your future dream is. Make it concise, mine was 1 1/2 pages long.

What is your nationality if you dont mind my asking?

dude4242

Oct 29, 2020
Include everything that you as a family own in terms of assets and liquid funds, in the UAE and in your home country. It doesn't seem to matter if it's your mom or dad that will be paying for you. Give the VO the ability to see your application as a story about you but don't make everything complicated and hard to navigate. Write an SOP about why you chose your uni, why the major, what your mid term plans are and what your future dream is. Make it concise, mine was 1 1/2 pages long.

What is your nationality if you dont mind my asking?
I am from Iran.
Wouldn’t that be a problem since that visa officer would be confused whether I’ll be coming back to UAE or Iran, or is it fine ?

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019

Thanks a lot in advance
Apply from your home country. No one can believe you are guaranteed to able to return to the UAE, unless you're a citizen there.

What are your plans after? Do you think that the visa officer will believe you? WHY should they believe you?

What are your ties to your home country?

And if you are definitely not intending on leaving Canada at the end of your temporary stay, then you were correctly refused.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
I am from Iran.
Wouldn’t that be a problem since that visa officer would be confused whether I’ll be coming back to UAE or Iran, or is it fine ?
Abu Dhabi Visa Officers are tough on GCC residents, but not unreasonably so. Most of the refusals are for older applicant (upper 20s and beyond). The younger applicants that are straight out of Highschool with solid Financials, LOA to a reputable university, semi stable ties to their GCC country of residents and can show some ties to home country have higher chances of success. The SOP helps, make it concise and to the point. Say that you have the option of returning to Iran or even UAE (though that maybe a bit difficult). Do you have any property in the UAE?

Reactions: primaprime

dude4242

Oct 29, 2020
Abu Dhabi Visa Officers are tough on GCC residents, but not unreasonably so. Most of the refusals are for older applicant (upper 20s and beyond). The younger applicants that are straight out of Highschool with solid Financials, LOA to a reputable university, semi stable ties to their GCC country of residents and can show some ties to home country have higher chances of success. The SOP helps, make it concise and to the point. Say that you have the option of returning to Iran or even UAE (though that maybe a bit difficult). Do you have any property in the UAE?
My age is 20. I don't think I am the only person who is a foreigner living in UAE and applying for a Canadian student, as a matter of fact I think most of the people applying for Canadian student visa in UAE are foreigners. My family does not own any property in UAE. A foreigner owning property in UAE is rare.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
My age is 20. I don't think I am the only person who is a foreigner living in UAE and applying for a Canadian student, as a matter of fact I think most of the people applying for Canadian student visa in UAE are foreigners. My family does not own any property in UAE. A foreigner owning property in UAE is rare.
Yes, and a lot of foreigners from UAE get rejected

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Property ownership by foreigners in the UAE and specifically in Dubai is not rare at all. However you are right in that most of the applicants from the UAE are forgeiners. Now, coming to the issue of proof of funds; I don't know why you chose not to include your father's asset or equity in the company in the UAE plus the land in Iran. You should have done that and you can still do that in your next application. Showing your mom's liquid funds as proof of finances is sufficient and my guess the VO was satisfied with that part. I don't believe the consultants are right in their assessment that you made a mistake by stating your wish to return to the UAE for job prospects. If I were you I would add Iran as part of your future prospects. Give it another shot and let me know how I can help. I am in a similar situation (living in Oman but not an Omani) and my application was processed in Abu Dhabi.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Yes, and a lot of foreigners from UAE get rejected
That's because a lot are in a relatively older category of applicants who are being duped by consultants to opt for PGD's.

dude4242

Oct 29, 2020
Property ownership by foreigners in the UAE and specifically in Dubai is not rare at all. However you are right in that most of the applicants from the UAE are forgeiners. Now, coming to the issue of proof of funds; I don't know why you chose not to include your father's asset or equity in the company in the UAE plus the land in Iran. You should have done that and you can still do that in your next application. Showing your mom's liquid funds as proof of finances is sufficient and my guess the VO was satisfied with that part. I don't believe the consultants are right in their assessment that you made a mistake by stating your wish to return to the UAE for job prospects. If I were you I would add Iran as part of your future prospects. Give it another shot and let me know how I can help. I am in a similar situation (living in Oman but not an Omani) and my application was processed in Abu Dhabi.
I heard from a bunch of people that I should stick to one and clear sponsor, therefore I stuck with my mother, and thought that my fathers assets would make the VO have second thoughts, but I am going to apply again by Tuesday and include my fathers assets, hopefully with a different outcome. Did you get your decision or are you still waiting?

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
I heard from a bunch of people that I should stick to one and clear sponsor, therefore I stuck with my mother, and thought that my fathers assets would make the VO have second thoughts, but I am going to apply again by Tuesday and include my fathers assets, hopefully with a different outcome. Did you get your decision or are you still waiting?
I receieved an OPR last week, sent my passport 4 days ago and now waiting for it to be sent back to me. The application was approved. To show funds and assets of your parents is not confusing at all to the VO, they are intelligent employees of the Canadian government that have extensive experience. They know how to make sense of an applicant's position.

dude4242

Oct 29, 2020
I receieved an OPR last week, sent my passport 4 days ago and now waiting for it to be sent back to me. The application was approved. To show funds and assets of your parents is not confusing at all to the VO, they are intelligent employees of the Canadian government that have extensive experience. They know how to make sense of an applicant's position.
Congratulations. So should I include my fathers assets in the "Proof of means of financial support" section or "client information" section with my LOE? Or it does not make a difference?

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Congratulations. So should I include my fathers assets in the "Proof of means of financial support" section or "client information" section with my LOE? Or it does not make a difference?
It does not make much of a difference in which section you upload it.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
It does not make much of a difference in which section you upload it.
Also, add a letter from your father's company basically stating his position and how long he's been with the company with details of income/salary.

dude4242

Oct 29, 2020
Also, add a letter from your father's company basically stating his position and how long he's been with the company with details of income/salary.
Alright. Do you have a template for that ? It's fine if don't. Btw do you think it's late for applying now, cause for the September 2020 intake I applied for a visa mid May and got the decision somewhere beginning of September, and I remember people in this forum applied on August/July and got there decision considerably faster than applicants with older applicant. Do you have any idea it's the same trend for Jan intake, cause I haven't been following this forum after the rejection.