kdsingh1030

Jan 23, 2018
I have completed 12th in commerce.
I have given IELTS and got below bands
L 6.5
R 6.5
S 6
W 5.5
Please guide me which college can give me an offer letter.
I want a diploma course in marketing.
I have applied in Yorkville University and George brown college.
Also give some suggestions on VISA, whether I will get VISA as I have 5.5 bands in one module.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Before you think of colleges, you need to get more than 5.5 in writing. A college may accept this, but the people giving you the visa (CIC) won't.

kdsingh1030

Jan 23, 2018
Before you think of colleges, you need to get more than 5.5 in writing. A college may accept this, but the people giving you the visa (CIC) won't.
Thanks for the prompt reply,
Is it true that I can apply for VISA under the general category if I have 5.5 in one module

kar_21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
Is it true that I can apply for VISA under the general category if I have 5.5 in one module
Yes. They are pretty strict with the IELTS. Make sure you atleast have 6.5 in all bands which makes your life easier.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
5.5 is minimum requirement, so technically yes it is true. Remember though, the course will be in English, so if you can only get 5.5 in writing you may struggle, even IF you get accepted. Do not go to Yorkville as it is private and you will not get a PGWP at the end of it.

_gurdeep

Dec 1, 2018
I have completed 12th in commerce.
I have given IELTS and got below bands
L 6.5
R 6.5
S 6
W 5.5
Please guide me which college can give me an offer letter.
I want a diploma course in marketing.
I have applied in Yorkville University and George brown college.
Also give some suggestions on VISA, whether I will get VISA as I have 5.5 bands in one module.
Similar situation bro ;)
Btw i got admission in sault college and 1st time i got refusal that with specific reason and i applied again, now waiting for positive response.
Many of my friends got visa and admission in conestoga college and you can try to go there :)

_gurdeep

Dec 1, 2018
Similar situation bro ;)
Btw i got admission in sault college and 1st time i got refusal without specific reason and i applied again, now am waiting for positive response.
Many of my friends got visa and admission in conestoga college and you can try to go there :)

Jan 13, 2019
Hello everyone,
Recently,I got my ielts score with overall 6.5 bands with score
Listening=7.5
Writing=6.5
Reading=6
Speaking=5.5
I have done graduation from lovely Professional university with no gap except gap due to coronavirus and want to apply for culinary management course (diploma) for 2 years in DLI college which should offer PGWP.please tell. Do I get visa approval or refusal with this ielts bands score?please give your suggestions.thankyou so much

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello everyone,
Recently,I got my ielts score with overall 6.5 bands with score
Listening=7.5
Writing=6.5
Reading=6
Speaking=5.5
I have done graduation from lovely Professional university with no gap except gap due to coronavirus and want to apply for culinary management course (diploma) for 2 years in DLI college which should offer PGWP.please tell. Do I get visa approval or refusal with this ielts bands score?please give your suggestions.thankyou so much
To qualify for a study permit your course needs to be relevant to your current qualifications and any work experience plus need to show how such a course will improve your prospects when you return to your home country.

You need also to attend a public college not a private college. Just because a college is DLI listed does not always mean attendance qualifies for a PGWP