+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help on upfront medical

RISH427

Mar 30, 2015
Hi,

I need some help from seniors here.

Topic : Upfront Medical

I am a Sept 2014 Applicant & have received AOR in Jan2015.

Like others, I also have not received the MR as of now, but would like to go for upfront medical.
(Reason : Planning for a Baby & dont want to affect medicals as Xray would be problem during pregnancy)

Queries :

1. Whats the process of upfront medical in India ? I checked with one doctor, he said that I can go for upfront medical &
he can issue a UMI number which can be linked to IME number (given by CIC in MR). IS THAT CORRECT ?
I saw on the forum that people have gone thro upfront medical & their results have been received by CIC...I am curious to know...HOW ?

DO we need to send something to CIC or Doctor will send ?

If doctor will send, then how he will link to the application ?

2. I received only 1 UCI in AOR...Is that sufficient for both of us ? or do my spouse need to have another UCI ?

Doctor asked me if I have 2 UCIs(1 for myself & 1 for wife) & I said NO, as AOR has only 1 mentioned..

Its like a mess...

Plz provide your valuable inputs, as its urgent & I dont want my file to be delayed due to pregnancy.

Regards,
rish427

Gopi1980

Aug 12, 2015
Hi,

Should not be a problem in doing upfront medical.
Even we did our upfront medicals and same has been sent to CIC by the doctors panel, all are linked to your UCI #.

Go to a doctor/clinic which has been listed in the CIC portal. They should have the IME form, if not get a printout from CIC website, fill in the form and handover to the doctor. They will get the tests done, update and send to CIC. Even you can mail a scanned copy to CIC for reconfirmation.

I beleieve you wont have two UCI.

There is a blog on upfront medical on this same portal you can check there too.