+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help on police service sheet...husband is military

sb03b

May 6, 2009
hello,
i sort of need help, and would like to know if anyone has been through this...i am canadian, my husband is from the dominican republic, i am living there due to my work, i have been married for nearly 2 years, with him for the last 5 years...i sent my canadian immigration application february 2008, got accepted as sponser in march 2008, but my file was only opened in haiti (which is where the docs are processed) in may 08...in september, i was requested to send more information via a doc called: detail police service sheet" seeing that my husband is a military.(please remember that this is above all thr documents and checks i had to fill in...criminal record and so on...) i sent that back in september and i got a reply just yesterday saying:
"your application is subject to statutory requirements. the law requires that they be satisfied before an applicant may be granbted permanent resident status. The background investigations are conducted by outside agenciesand the time taken to conclude the checks is not not under our control. they usually last 18 month."
this was sent in april 09...when they received my info in sep 08....when does this 18 months start and what is this all about...he is not a criminal he is a police officer and a military...
Does anyone know of where i can get help to make this move faster..as anyone ever hear about this...this is completly ridiculous its been over a year now and i am still waiting...and i got to wait another 18 months???? No way!!!
please i need help....someone give me a heads up!!!!
thank you kidnly..
A desperate person!

graham

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
I wish I knew more about your situation,the government can be really heartless,my only advise is to seek the advise of an immigration lawyer-most will give you a counsiltation for about 50-150$ I wish you luck-just take joy in the fact that you are both together;D

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sb03b said:
hello,
i sort of need help, and would like to know if anyone has been through this...i am canadian, my husband is from the dominican republic, i am living there due to my work, i have been married for nearly 2 years, with him for the last 5 years...i sent my canadian immigration application february 2008, got accepted as sponser in march 2008, but my file was only opened in haiti (which is where the docs are processed) in may 08...in september, i was requested to send more information via a doc called: detail police service sheet" seeing that my husband is a military.(please remember that this is above all thr documents and checks i had to fill in...criminal record and so on...) i sent that back in september and i got a reply just yesterday saying:
"your application is subject to statutory requirements. the law requires that they be satisfied before an applicant may be granbted permanent resident status. The background investigations are conducted by outside agenciesand the time taken to conclude the checks is not not under our control. they usually last 18 month."
this was sent in april 09...when they received my info in sep 08....when does this 18 months start and what is this all about...he is not a criminal he is a police officer and a military...
Does anyone know of where i can get help to make this move faster..as anyone ever hear about this...this is completly ridiculous its been over a year now and i am still waiting...and i got to wait another 18 months???? No way!!!
please i need help....someone give me a heads up!!!!
thank you kidnly..
A desperate person!
Background checks on Military personnel take forever as CSIS and CHC want to be sure that they are not issuing a visa to a person who may have been involved in either war crimes or human rights violations. They have been burned a number of times, so they tend nowadays not to take chances.

PMM

BilalAyb

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
01-06-2016
Passport Req..
28-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ..
LANDED..........
Waiting..
PMM said:
Hi

Background checks on Military personnel take forever as CSIS and CHC want to be sure that they are not issuing a visa to a person who may have been involved in either war crimes or human rights violations. They have been burned a number of times, so they tend nowadays not to take chances.

PMM

Hello PPM

I did mandatory military service for 6 month but wasn't not involved in any war or anything ..my duty was more like a guard .

So i been under security background check since August 2016.. how long can that take? Any idea ?