+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help on my application form

gr8tpretender

Aug 2, 2008
i am here in the us and working on my adjustment of status and have work permit... and the same time processing my divorce to my american citizen spouse who petitioned me. i have two kids with me from my previous marriage and they are not us citizen... i am trying to apply for permanent resident in Buffalo. i am planning to bring my former spouse with me who is out of status to canada to start a new life again.
1. can you give me some advice how to fill up the application especially on the spouse section (#10).
2. do i have to devorce first my usc spouse then fill up the application form or include my former spouse right away on my application.

thank you in advanced..

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
If your divorce is not finalized, then you are married to her. You may want to finalize the process and then live together with the new gf. You will need to show evidence of common-law relationship between you and the new gf to bring her to canada. Like joint bank account, joint real estate property. Is she the mother of your kids?

Otherwise you may file for her when you land in canada..the process is super fast for spouse..like 3 months at buffalo.

as per your own application to canada. i think you should get a job first so that the process can be fast. the federal skilled worker application line is clogged right now. You may want to visit canda and do interviews for jobs and then apply for a Provincial nomination certificate under the PNP process.

I am not a lawyer. You should talk to a lawyer too.

gr8tpretender

Aug 2, 2008
olusolalekan said:
If your divorce is not finalized, then you are married to her. You may want to finalize the process and then live together with the new gf. You will need to show evidence of common-law relationship between you and the new gf to bring her to canada. Like joint bank account, joint real estate property. Is she the mother of your kids?

Otherwise you may file for her when you land in canada..the process is super fast for spouse..like 3 months at buffalo.

as per your own application to canada. i think you should get a job first so that the process can be fast. the federal skilled worker application line is clogged right now. You may want to visit canda and do interviews for jobs and then apply for a Provincial nomination certificate under the PNP process.

thanks for your reply..
yes she is the mom of my two kids and she is out of status..... i am looking for job right now thru internet but doing interview in canada is another problem of me because i dont have permit to go out of us... i have distant relatives in alberta and friends in bc .

gr8tpretender

Aug 2, 2008
olusolalekan said:

one more thing... do you think i can apply in Buffalo with that case or do i have to return to my country of origin....

thanks again.....

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
If you, the principal applicant, have lived in the US legally for at least 12 months, you are allowed to apply through buffalo. The legal staus of your spouse and dependent children does not matter.

Again, I am not a lawyer. You may talk to a lawyer.