Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa/SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to fill up the post-ITA application and in the "Immigration History and Citizenship" section, it is asking me below questions:

- Have you applied to Citizenship and Immigration Canada before?

- Have you applied for Permanent Residence (PR) before?

- Please provide the Permanent Residence (PR) file number

- If you have a Unique Client Identifier (UCI) please enter it below

I applied to CIC for PR back in pre-EE days, when my application was returned due to CAP reached. I have the rejection letter which reads:

"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker. We have now completed assessment of your application and have determined that you are not eligible for processing in this category for the following reason." .. then it states the reason being cap reached.

So for the first two questions I answered "Yes". But I don't have the application number and it does not let me complete the application without the application number. What should I do? Below is my status regarding the answers. Should I answer any differently? Appreciate your advice.

- Have you applied to Citizenship and Immigration Canada before? - Yes

- Have you applied for Permanent Residence (PR) before? - Yes

- Please provide the Permanent Residence (PR) file number - Can't find the number in letter

- If you have a Unique Client Identifier (UCI) please enter it below - Can't find any UCI in letter

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shipper said:
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to fill up the post-ITA application and in the "Immigration History and Citizenship" section, it is asking me below questions:

- Have you applied to Citizenship and Immigration Canada before?

- Have you applied for Permanent Residence (PR) before?

- Please provide the Permanent Residence (PR) file number

- If you have a Unique Client Identifier (UCI) please enter it below

I applied to CIC for PR back in pre-EE days, when my application was returned due to CAP reached. I have the rejection letter which reads:

"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker. We have now completed assessment of your application and have determined that you are not eligible for processing in this category for the following reason." .. then it states the reason being cap reached.

So for the first two questions I answered "Yes". But I don't have the application number and it does not let me complete the application without the application number. What should I do? Below is my status regarding the answers. Should I answer any differently? Appreciate your advice.

- Have you applied to Citizenship and Immigration Canada before? - Yes

- Have you applied for Permanent Residence (PR) before? - Yes

- Please provide the Permanent Residence (PR) file number - Can't find the number in letter

- If you have a Unique Client Identifier (UCI) please enter it below - Can't find any UCI in letter
Is thier a file number on your rejection letter?

Shipper

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa/SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
StAnger said:
Is thier a file number on your rejection letter?
No file number or UCI number.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shipper said:
No file number or UCI number.
I thought cic makes all correspondance with a unique file or uci number.

I would hate to second guess anything here so lets wait for someone with similar case respond as i am sure we will have ample here.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can say no seeing as you didn't receive a file number - your application was never processed and there will be no record of it.

Shipper

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa/SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
you can say no seeing as you didn't receive a file number - your application was never processed and there will be no record of it.
That way the application will let me proceed. However, would that be considered as misrepresentation?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shipper said:
That way the application will let me proceed. However, would that be considered as misrepresentation?
Of course not. Your file was never processed so your answer (No) is accurate and true. No misrepresentation here.

Patica

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Shipper said:
You should answer NO.
There is an answer for that on help questions on CIC website.
If you want to be more accurate, you can explain it in a LOE (there is a space to upload LOE)