+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need HELP OBWP: got refusal

hope_1111

Oct 24, 2013
Hi Guys,

I need to know about BOWP eligibility criteria.
I've PGWP valid till 1st week of Dec 2013, applied for PNP and received AOR. PNP decision is still pending. I'm working full-time.
Here is what I checked in August 20, 2013 based on OB-485, parameters(Met/Not Met):
•The foreign national is currently in Canada- Met
•They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;- Met
•They have received a positive eligibility decision on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and-Met (thought AOR is what they were asking)
•They have made application for an open WP-Met

For PNP its mentioned in OB-485 that
PNP: the “Eligibility EC-QC/PNP” status has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).
What they mean by Eligibility EC-QC/PNP status has been set to “Passed”?
My understanding is PNP office receives files and check if Applicant has provided all info and is eligible under applied Category.

I got rejection in Oct 1st week, CiC mentioned following reasons in Refusal Letter. :eek: :eek:

1. You have not provided evidence that you have received a positive eligibility decision on your PR application.
2. You do not have a work permit that was due to expire within 4 months of the date you submitted your application.
3. Your status in Canada is valid until December 1st, 2013.

Now when my Friends (two) called CIC today and asked if they are eligible for OBWP, CiC said yes. They are in boat as me, applied for PNP and just received AOR, decision still pending. I'm going to call CiC tomorrow, will update here what they say about my application.

Can somebody let me know if I'm eligible for OBWP?

I appreciate your help/suggestion on this.

Thanks in advance.

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
hope_1111 said:
Hi Guys,

I need to know about BOWP eligibility criteria.
I've PGWP valid till 1st week of Dec 2013, applied for PNP and received AOR. PNP decision is still pending. I'm working full-time.
Here is what I checked in August 20, 2013 based on OB-485, parameters(Met/Not Met):
•The foreign national is currently in Canada- Met
•They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;- Met
•They have received a positive eligibility decision on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and-Met (thought AOR is what they were asking)
•They have made application for an open WP-Met

For PNP its mentioned in OB-485 that
PNP: the “Eligibility EC-QC/PNP” status has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).
What they mean by Eligibility EC-QC/PNP status has been set to “Passed”?
My understanding is PNP office receives files and check if Applicant has provided all info and is eligible under applied Category.

I got rejection in Oct 1st week, CiC mentioned following reasons in Refusal Letter. :eek: :eek:

1. You have not provided evidence that you have received a positive eligibility decision on your PR application.
2. You do not have a work permit that was due to expire within 4 months of the date you submitted your application.
3. Your status in Canada is valid until December 1st, 2013.

Now when my Friends (two) called CIC today and asked if they are eligible for OBWP, CiC said yes. They are in boat as me, applied for PNP and just received AOR, decision still pending. I'm going to call CiC tomorrow, will update here what they say about my application.

Can somebody let me know if I'm eligible for OBWP?

I appreciate your help/suggestion on this.

Thanks in advance.
Check out ob-485A which is the most recent. I saw someone else get rejected due to pnp so it may be that. I'm not sure

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
When did you receive your AOR?

hope_1111

Oct 24, 2013
lpc19800 said:
Check out ob-485A which is the most recent. I saw someone else get rejected due to pnp so it may be that. I'm not sure
Thanks for the reply lpc19800, I checked OB-485 A, there is no change for PNP, I just don't understand what they mean by- :( :(

PNP: the “Eligibility EC-QC/PNP” status has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).?

I Applied for PNP in June and received AOR the next day or fater few hours I guess. MPNP officer checks appln once you submit and contacts you if tehre is nay missing document or eligibility issue under taht Category. Some of my friends got cal to submit additional documents. I assume this is what they mean by “Eligibility PNP” status has been set to “Passed”

hope_1111

Oct 24, 2013
byrwus said:
hi,

shouldn't you apply for a work permit extension based on your nomination?
This is probably what they want from you and they will give you a closed work permit.
Thanks byrwus for reply. I haven't received the nomination yet, still awaiting their decision on my PNP. :( :(

hope_1111

Oct 24, 2013
LPS said:
When did you receive your AOR?
Hi LPS , thanks for reply. I received AOR for my PNP appln just after few hours or I guess next Day. I forgot exactly when but it was under 24 hours window.

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
hope_1111 said:
Thanks byrwus for reply. I haven't received the nomination yet, still awaiting their decision on my PNP. :( :(
I think you're eligible to apply for BOWP once you have received your nomination and you've applied for PR, and received an AOR from the CIO.

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
hope_1111 said:
Thanks for the reply lpc19800, I checked OB-485 A, there is no change for PNP, I just don't understand what they mean by- :( :(

PNP: the “Eligibility EC-QC/PNP” status has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).?

I Applied for PNP in June and received AOR the next day or fater few hours I guess. MPNP officer checks appln once you submit and contacts you if tehre is nay missing document or eligibility issue under taht Category. Some of my friends got cal to submit additional documents. I assume this is what they mean by “Eligibility PNP” status has been set to “Passed”
Are you still waiting to hear from the province about your nomination? The AOR must be sent by the CIO i.e. after you have received your nomination successfully, applied for permanent residency through CIC, and received an AOR acknowledging that your file is complete for processing.

hope_1111

Oct 24, 2013
lithium002 said:
Are you still waiting to hear from the province about your nomination? The AOR must be sent by the CIO i.e. after you have received your nomination successfully, applied for permanent residency through CIC, and received an AOR acknowledging that your file is complete for processing.
Thanks lithium002 for reply.

Are you still waiting to hear from the province about your nomination?
--> Yes, I'm still waiting to hear from PNP office.

I know about AOR, its should be from CIO (when you actually apply for PR to CiC), what I'm confused about is the “Eligibility EC-QC/PNP” status has been set to “Passed”

is it after receiving AOR from PNP or after receiving PNP-Certificate from them?

2 of my friend called CIC yesterday and they have been ifnormed taht tehy are eligible under OBWP. I don't understand whats going on?

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
hope_1111 said:

Are you still waiting to hear from the province about your nomination?
--> Yes, I'm still waiting to hear from PNP office.

I know about AOR, its should be from CIO (when you actually apply for PR to CiC), what I'm confused about is the “Eligibility EC-QC/PNP” status has been set to “Passed”

is it after receiving AOR from PNP or after receiving PNP-Certificate from them?

2 of my friend called CIC yesterday and they have been ifnormed taht tehy are eligible under OBWP. I don't understand whats going on?

The BOWP is for qualifying foreign nationals who have submitted an application for permanent residence. For PNP, this would be after a successful nomination through the province. The eligibility factor is for the permanent residence application as far as I know i.e. once you've applied to CIC, and not for your provincial nomination.

hope_1111

Oct 24, 2013
Thanks lithium002 for explaining.

What other options do I have right now to get a WP apart from LMO (I knw LMO is the one, but it will take another 2-3 months to get, if my employer is ready to apply and my WP is expiring 1st Dec, 2013).

Thanks once again, you are really helpful.

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
hope_1111 said:
Thanks lithium002 for explaining.

What other options do I have right now to get a WP apart from LMO (I knw LMO is the one, but it will take another 2-3 months to get, if my employer is ready to apply and my WP is expiring 1st Dec, 2013).

Thanks once again, you are really helpful.
Given that the PNP class is tied to an employer, I think your best option is to get your LMO started as soon as possible. I don't know how long those things take, but I have heard cases where folks applied for LMO, and while waiting, applied for their work permit extension asking CIC to hold off their application because their LMO was pending, and notifying them when a decision on the LMO was made. I really don't think it is wise to wait for your nomination to come through. By the time you hear anything from CIC, you would have lost status.

Secondly, it makes little sense for you to apply for a BOWP when you'll be going through your permanent residency tied to the same employer as it is to remain eligible.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/lmo-on-processwork-permit-expiringhelp-please-t158763.0.html

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
hope_1111 said:
Hi LPS , thanks for reply. I received AOR for my PNP appln just after few hours or I guess next Day. I forgot exactly when but it was under 24 hours window.
This doesn't ring true for me. Although I'm not familiar with PNP, timelines for AORs are measured in weeks, not hours. What is the thing you received after a few hours?

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
LPS said:
This doesn't ring true for me. Although I'm not familiar with PNP, timelines for AORs are measured in weeks, not hours. What is the thing you received after a few hours?
He meant the AOR from the province when he applied for nomination, not CIC.

hope_1111

Oct 24, 2013
Thats right , AOR from PNP. they are very fast providing AOR and slow at actual PNP certificate.

if my Employer refuses to file for LMO then I'm screwed man, just hope that doesn't happen.

Thanks everyone for replies, I appreciate the time and suggestion. I will let you know if I hear anything from CIC, called them and waiting time is more than half an hour. will call them early morning tomorrow.