+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help- Mother's visitor visa rejected

pollop

Dec 31, 2011
Hi, I had applied online for my mother's temporary visitor visa.My father died log time ago.She gets pension. She has 10 years of US visa ,she has traveled to many other countries as well. But when I submitted her application, I showed that I will sponsor for her visit, and added my bank statement. The visa was rejected for following reasons -
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
1.Your personal assets and financial status
2.I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
3.You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets.

What documents do I need to attach in order to get her visa approved? I am planning to apply for it again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to include evidence that demonstrates she has strong ties to her home country. Examples: property ownership, other assets / bank accounts, business ownership, etc.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Well, here goes the misconception that US visa assures Canadian Visit visa. I think they need to see more of mothers paperwork, i.,e assets income etc, also - how much did you show? just bank bal? or T4 etc as well

They are basically afraid that she will stay over with you and thus refused it. You can try again with more paperwork

pollop

Dec 31, 2011
Thank you for the reply.I showed only 25K as a bank balance.
I will attach her property statement, her deposits, and pension passbook, my T4. Will that be enough?

handinhand

Mar 8, 2013
Hi User828,

I saw your post saying that they prefer to apply TVC from home country. But my parents will visit us in USA April 23 and then in May 27 we will go on a cruise to Alaska and from there we will visit Canada. There is too limited time for them to apply visa in their home country. I am thinking if i apply from USA now, about one month i may get the response from them. And after they arrive in USA, i can mail the passport. Do you think there is a good chance to apply here in my case? Because back in home country they need at least one month. and i don't want them to take the risk. what kind of good reason i have to give them to explain they have to apply in USA?

Thank you for your help. i really appreciate.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
handinhand said:
Hi User828,

I saw your post saying that they prefer to apply TVC from home country. But my parents will visit us in USA April 23 and then in May 27 we will go on a cruise to Alaska and from there we will visit Canada. There is too limited time for them to apply visa in their home country. I am thinking if i apply from USA now, about one month i may get the response from them. And after they arrive in USA, i can mail the passport. Do you think there is a good chance to apply here in my case? Because back in home country they need at least one month. and i don't want them to take the risk. what kind of good reason i have to give them to explain they have to apply in USA?

Your time lines are pretty tight - too tight in my opinion. If you look through some of the posts here in the visitors section, you'll see quite a number of people have been waiting for longer than a month to get their passport back after submitting an application for a visitor visa to Canada from the US. I think your parents should forget about their plans to visit Canada. Your parents need their passports to go on the cruise. What will they do if Canada is still processing their visa applications when it's time to leave for the cruise? It's not always that easy / fast to get the passports back.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As a follow up to my previous message, here's a post by someone who submitted a visitor visa application to NY a month ago and still hasn't heard back:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-applied-to-newyork-office-through-mail-t138046.0.html

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
handinhand said:
Hi User828,

My friends father in law got it from US, for that same cruise - senior citizens in a group should be ok, they have them 10 day visa

Let me ask him how they applied - I will get back to you

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
pollop said:
Thank you for the reply.I showed only 25K as a bank balance.
I will attach her property statement, her deposits, and pension passbook, my T4. Will that be enough?
No harm in trying with more paperwork, see if u can get some tips from the link in my sig

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
user828 said:
My friends father in law got it from US, for that same cruise - senior citizens in a group should be ok, they have them 10 day visa

How long ago was that? Canada has recently closed a few of it's visa offices so wait times have apprently increased. Official processing times for the NY office are currently 20 days + an additional 10 days if you are from a certain group of countries.

handinhand

Mar 8, 2013
user828 said:

Hi User828,

Thank you very much! My plan is applying now, so before April 23, i still have one month even my parents are not in USA at present. Once they arrive in April 23, i will submit the passport if they are approved. so i still have one month to get the passport mailed and back, right? so i still out of chance? I am so worried now. I don't want to ruin the cruise either. I live in Arizona. can i go to LA in person instead?

Thanks a million for your advise.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
scylla said:
How long ago was that? Canada has recently closed a few of it's visa offices so wait times have apprently increased. Official processing times for the NY office are currently 20 days + an additional 10 days if you are from a certain group of countries.
last year I think - I will confirm

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
handinhand said:
Hi User828,

Thank you very much! My plan is applying now, so before April 23, i still have one month even my parents are not in USA at present. Once they arrive in April 23, i will submit the passport if they are approved. so i still have one month to get the passport mailed and back, right? so i still out of chance? I am so worried now. I don't want to ruin the cruise either. I live in Arizona. can i go to LA in person instead?

Thanks a million for your advise.
You can drop the paperwork off in person. However they won't return it in person. They will only return by mail.

handinhand

Mar 8, 2013
Thank you, Scylla! But probably in-person submission is even slower than ONLINE from the CIC web, right? i just looked at their order of priority.

can i say the reason i apply in USA instead of home country because the time is too tight and i did not realize it takes a month to apply?

Thank you for your help.