+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help! Medical exam for non accompanying dependent

BabyK

Aug 30, 2017
Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me. The CIC sent a medical examination request for my son. I tried everything and explained to his father but he refused to cooperate. He did not answer all my calls on facebook messenger and just seen all my messages. BTW he cut my connection to my son last february. And my family back in my country can’t see my son because they don’t allow them to visit my him. Has anyone here had the same situation like this? Please help me! Thanks

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
I just received a request today for my non-accompanying children. I had orginally sent in a notarized letter with my app that said I surrender my right to ever sponsor them in the future (which is why they want you to get the medicals just in case). I also had a long-time friend of mine in TX write a letter explaining my family situation. However, I still received the medical. If you can write down the documentation you just stated and also get a letter notarized saying you surrender your right to ever sponsor them in the future would be my advice.

Veevee87

Jun 24, 2019
Hi.. Can I know the status of ur app? Was ur application approved? When did u get the request for biometrics? Was it before or after the request for medical for non accompanying dependents?

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Hi.. Can I know the status of ur app? Was ur application approved? When did u get the request for biometrics? Was it before or after the request for medical for non accompanying dependents?
I was never able to get the medicals for my children. I received two requests from IRCC to try to get them. I sent them documentation showing where I had emailed their father asking that they be examined and his reply saying, "No, they would never be allowed to do so." I also sent in any documentation of phone calls or Snapchat messages I sent trying to get them. They just want to be sure that you tried. That's all. I sent the documentation and a final Statutory Declaration saying that I realize I will never be allowed to sponsor them, and they finally approved it. Again, they just want to be sure that you tried. Any documentation of letter of explanation telling everything you can about the situation will help you. They may ask two or three times, but just be as forthcoming as you can. That's all they want to know. I hope this helps. I landed in September.

Veevee87

Jun 24, 2019
Hi... If you remember.. Can u tell Me if u got the requests from IRCC before or after the request for Biometrics? It would be a great help...

ahmedcar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
15-08-2019
AOR Received.
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
15-11-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
24-10-2019
Interview........
25-09-2020 (Non-Scheduled, over the phone)
I was never able to get the medicals for my children. I received two requests from IRCC to try to get them. I sent them documentation showing where I had emailed their father asking that they be examined and his reply saying, "No, they would never be allowed to do so." I also sent in any documentation of phone calls or Snapchat messages I sent trying to get them. They just want to be sure that you tried. That's all. I sent the documentation and a final Statutory Declaration saying that I realize I will never be allowed to sponsor them, and they finally approved it. Again, they just want to be sure that you tried. Any documentation of letter of explanation telling everything you can about the situation will help you. They may ask two or three times, but just be as forthcoming as you can. That's all they want to know. I hope this helps. I landed in September.
Hi,
Did your Medical status changed in GCkey or ECAS as passed before you got your approval. I am in the same boat, as i am unable to get the medical done for my spouse dependent, we send them all the documentation ( custody papers, email/chat correspondence etc) at the first time of medical request. This is two months back, after that there is no update whatsoever. The medical status shows that " we haven't received your Medicals" even though my wife completed her medical and it was sent to them 2 months back. We checked with clinic and they said it was send to immigration. Her current status shows that "Background check is in progress". Can you please share your experience. Thanks

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Hi,
Did your Medical status changed in GCkey or ECAS as passed before you got your approval. I am in the same boat, as i am unable to get the medical done for my spouse dependent, we send them all the documentation ( custody papers, email/chat correspondence etc) at the first time of medical request. This is two months back, after that there is no update whatsoever. The medical status shows that " we haven't received your Medicals" even though my wife completed her medical and it was sent to them 2 months back. We checked with clinic and they said it was send to immigration. Her current status shows that "Background check is in progress". Can you please share your experience. Thanks
Hello. I will be happy to do so. They may ask for the medicals again. That is very common. If they do, then just send all the documentation in again. It is also VERY important to send in a Statutory Declaration which has been notarized along with the documentation. This must state that you understand that you are permanently giving up your right to ever sponsor that child in the future. If you need a template for that, I can help you. My medicals said "We sent medical requests." from November of 2018-July 2019. It's true! However, I think they are moving much faster.

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Hi... If you remember.. Can u tell Me if u got the requests from IRCC before or after the request for Biometrics? It would be a great help...
I'm sorry. I can't help you with this part. Maybe someone else can, though. I wasn't required to give Biometrics at the time I applied.

Krysse

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Hello. I will be happy to do so. They may ask for the medicals again. That is very common. If they do, then just send all the documentation in again. It is also VERY important to send in a Statutory Declaration which has been notarized along with the documentation. This must state that you understand that you are permanently giving up your right to ever sponsor that child in the future. If you need a template for that, I can help you. My medicals said "We sent medical requests." from November of 2018-July 2019. It's true! However, I think they are moving much faster.
Could you possibly send me a copy of the statutory declaration you sent to ircc? I am in the same boat, my daughter is under a guardianship and I'm having trouble even getting copies of the guardianship paperwork. This is the second time they've requested her medicals and she's even blocked me on snapchat.... I've called her guardians and they keep saying "we'll see and that they don't know the law". And we'll talk to her about what she wants to do.....

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
I will have to look for the copy. I did have it on my computer, however I have since purchased a new one, but I might have it saved somewhere. I think I google Statutory Declaration templates when I was creating mine, but I'll still look and see if I can find it.
Also, VERY important and I can't stress this enough. Even if you can't get the guardianship paperwork you need, PLEASE keep a running documentation of every time you've attempted a contact....or also write down that she blocked you on Snapchat and the date (or thereabouts) that you noticed that that was the case. The MORE documentation you can give IRCC to let them know that you made every attempt you could have..then they will be more understandable. Even comments made by her guardian..IF you can remember dates from emails or phone calls with them...document all of that. If you have a copy of an email from them, keep that ....again, anything you can use to include in your statutory declaration can help your case with IRCC. They simply want to know that you tried. They do understand there are difficult circumstances. OH! and make SURE your Stat Declaration is officially notarized by someone who is a notary. That's important!