+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help Leon urgent

Jammun

Jul 24, 2012
Dear Leon,
We applied for our Pr renewal for mar 2012 . In may , thy asked for attested passport copies . Now application still under process . And when we checked with them , thy say it with some other department and thy cannot make it urgent . it will take more 3 months to just to look our file ...
So, the problem is our pr expired on July .
Next , due to my nature of job , I have to travel monthly once a week outside Canada and am self employed .
What helps the immigration department to make urgent .. Does we can send our utility bills even if thy not asked . Or is it good to send flight ticket .
I believe we cannot do a travel document every month .
What options do we have ...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can do nothing. If you are visa exempt, you will be able to return without a travel document based on your passport. If you are not visa exempt, you can fly to the US and drive across the border in a private or rented car. It will cost you more to always do that but if you must travel, so be it. Otherwise, it would be better to try to avoid travelling while you wait.

Jammun

Jul 24, 2012
Leon, thanks for the update. I have another concern, how long can continue to travel via US. I am not sure when the PR will renewed. If it takes more than six months what is the alternative. It is with CSU section now.

Jammun

Jul 24, 2012
Who do CSU unit do with application? We travelled thrice a year and each time when we returned they use to send us to immigration and they ask us some questions like why you travelled and how long you were away.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
You should have given proof of travel - fully paid round-trip ticket - to have urgent processing done when you sent your application the very first time.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jammun said:
Leon, thanks for the update. I have another concern, how long can continue to travel via US. I am not sure when the PR will renewed. If it takes more than six months what is the alternative. It is with CSU section now.
There is no time limit on how long or how often you can enter via the US but you can prepare for a little hassle each time. However, they will probably get to know you if you cross often and always do it in the same place.