+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help, interview notice after receiving COPR, is it bad?

ouedbaht

Mar 9, 2019
Hello fellow immigration seekers.

After a long wait of nearly 6 months and after a first withdrawn application for a stupid mistake concerning the police certificat check of my wife, I finally got the golden email and submitted my passport and received my visa and COPR last week. Hourray!!
Today , and just after my resignation from my actual job, I found an email from the local embassy here giving me an appointment for an interview by the end of the week and asking me to bring back my passports and COPRs!!!! That made me really nervous as it was the worst possible timing!!
Have anyone already had the same experience? what could be the reason for that interview? is it possible that they revoke the visas for a reason that they just discovered?
You can imagine how frustrated I'm right now, especially that there is absolutely no explanation.....

arc6016

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
QSW
Hello fellow immigration seekers.

After a long wait of nearly 6 months and after a first withdrawn application for a stupid mistake concerning the police certificat check of my wife, I finally got the golden email and submitted my passport and received my visa and COPR last week. Hourray!!
Today , and just after my resignation from my actual job, I found an email from the local embassy here giving me an appointment for an interview by the end of the week and asking me to bring back my passports and COPRs!!!! That made me really nervous as it was the worst possible timing!!
Have anyone already had the same experience? what could be the reason for that interview? is it possible that they revoke the visas for a reason that they just discovered?
You can imagine how frustrated I'm right now, especially that there is absolutely no explanation.....
These things also happens??
We are not aware of such things before.
Plz update us after you face your interview.
Most of all best wishes to you for your interview and congratulations for COPR.

Reactions: ouedbaht

ouedbaht

Mar 9, 2019
Yes of course.
When thinking about it calmly, I think maybe they are missing a copy of my new passport as I replaced it just after the golden email ( 6 months validity condition) and they are not asking for any new document apart from the passports and COPRs. Friday seems so far away.....

arc6016

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
QSW
Yes of course.
When thinking about it calmly, I think maybe they are missing a copy of my new passport as I replaced it just after the golden email ( 6 months validity condition) and they are not asking for any new document apart from the passports and COPRs. Friday seems so far away.....
May i know your VO???

ouedbaht

Mar 9, 2019
ok here's my update following the interview. It was my sole mistake all the way!!!
I have requested an extension of the validity of my COPR about a month ago, knowing that it will not exceed the validity of the medical exam, on the 29 juin. The requests treatment delays of cic are so long that they started this a week after delivering my visa!!!
For future notice, an extension is only possible if a new medical check is done, that's why I simply declined, keeping my COPR, I have already waited so long for it!!!
Good luck for everyone!!!

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok here's my update following the interview. It was my sole mistake all the way!!!
I have requested an extension of the validity of my COPR about a month ago, knowing that it will not exceed the validity of the medical exam, on the 29 juin. The requests treatment delays of cic are so long that they started this a week after delivering my visa!!!
For future notice, an extension is only possible if a new medical check is done, that's why I simply declined, keeping my COPR, I have already waited so long for it!!!
Good luck for everyone!!!
Thanks for the update.