+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help in sponsoring undeclared son to Canada.

geliann

May 30, 2007
I'm in a desperate need for help in sponsoring my son to come here in Canada. My husband wasn't able to declare my eldest son in his immigration documents. This is due to the reason that he was afraid it would affect his processing for immigration since on his first filing of his application he applied as single status. When he updated his documents he only included me and my youngest son. So my oldest son who is 15 years old now was left in the Philippines hoping we could still petition him to come and join us here in Canada as soon as possible. We arrived here in Canada last year June 2006. But I just learned that it is impossible to sponsor a family member if he/she is not declared as family class in the documents. What should I do? Please I need your help and advices. I'm so desperate and feel so helpless. I miss my son so much.

Zhu

May 30, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
It's true that it's gonna be very difficult to sponsor someone who wasn't on the documents in a first place. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for you, my best guess is you will have to explain the CIC why you didn't include your son.